“Airline crew layover hotel”

Wyndham Oklahoma City
Ranked #103 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 4, 2012

No complaints so far. Staff was friendly & polite. The van driver from the airport was prompt & polite very friendly. 50% discount for food from the restaurant with crew ID food is good also. Not much more to say.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you for your review of the Crown Plaza OKC. We are delighted to house airline crews with us and appreciate your comments. We will be sure to pass along your kind remarks about the van driver. Roy is one of our most consistent team members - and we know how important timely transportation is to the crew.

Airline crews are co-partners with hotels in the travel industry. Please let our staff at the front desk know if we can provide any specific items for you during your stays with us.

Rick

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel. There is no way this can be considered a 3 star hotel. Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn Express tops this hotel. The only reason I stayed here was because it was the one that came up on Priceline. The pillows on both beds were garbage! They were full of lumps and my neck was hurting the next morning. They don't off a complimentary breakfast, which is fine when it only cost me $55.00 on Priceline. If it's my choice, I wouldn't stay here again. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

2  Thank todavis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear todavis,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with our room accommodations. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel has no major issues and I did not have any problems during my 2 night stay here for business. The problem is that the Crowne Plaza brand is supposed to be an upscale property and should stand out from the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands that are run by the same company (ICH) as those properties are branded as mid-range properties. There is definitely some cheapness here. For example, instead of the standard steel door on your room it appears as if they used a non-solid wood door. The bathrooms are cramped and you'll find better at a HI Express. The closet is actually in the bathroom area as well. No refrigerator or microwave in your room unless you request one and want to pay more. Pillows were not the great and I would swear that my bed leans to one direction. I did not sleep all that well here even though it was quiet and cool in the room. No wired Internet. (Wireless only) Staff was fine but they do not go out of their way to say hello or be friendly. I had no issues with any staff though. My room was cleaned when I got back at 5:00pm but housekeeping was still working on other rooms on my floor at that time,

My company used Priceline to get this room for $75 a night and for that price it is a great value and would deserve one more star. However, at the normal $125-$175 price tag you are better off staying in a Holiday Inn or HI Express as you'll have a bit more room and amenities. Overall, it feels like an older hotel that got a recent cosmetic makeover to try to make it look more up-to-date than it is. Not bad, but could be a lot better. This is an average or slightly below average hotel for the corporate traveler and definitely not upscale as advertised. For the correct price though, I would stay here again.

1  Thank Nighttwo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Attending a Saturday wedding in Oklahoma City, we spent the night at the Crown Plaza. I chose it because it was near the wedding, we were familiar with the immediate area and the price was slightly better than several comparable alternatives. It was evident that some renovations had been done, but it’s an older hotel that still seems worn. The toilet leaked, the pool tile was cracked and missing. The included breakfast was good, the beds were sufficiently comfortable, the WIFI performed admirably and there were enough electrical outlets. However, for the money, I’ll likely spend my next trip elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear keywoodtravel,

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience. I'm pleased you enjoyed breakfast and found our location satisfactory to your needs. I am sorry for the condition of the toilet and pool tile and for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

When I first walked in the smell was like that an old wooden house built in the 1930's in south Alabama and had endured every type of vice-- old, musty, and obviously lived in. As I was checking in I looked up to the right and saw what I believe to be mold growing on an intake vent. I had a room on the eight floor and as I exited the elevator, I could not believe the ceilings were as low as they were -- maybe just a hair over 7 feet. The ceilings in the rooms were normal height after you got pass the door way. The room smelled like those found in the 80's in Panama City Beach that were built in the 60's-- alcohol, mildew, and definitely lived in. The pool area was fantastic and really the high point of the hotel. I did laundry that night--- the one washer and dryer were stuffed in a hallway by the pool. The washer and dryer were covered/caked with dirt. It smelled like a dead rat was there. It was disgusting to say the least. If you dropped your laundry, you might as well consider throwing it away. The area was so tight you could not fully open the dryer door. At $1.50 each and the area, I would not do laundry if at all possible. The next morning I went to breakfast. The "hot" food was cold and the coffee was undrinkable. The best part was the very ripe fruit. Raisen bran cereal was not available. I was suppose to get my bill underneath my door-- did not happen and delayed my departure. Across the way from this hotel is a brand new Holiday Inn Express and a Hilton Garden Inn. My company paid $181 for one night. I know you will have a much better experience and at a great value across the street. This hotel is not recommended. If you are near the Wiley Post airport, there is a Fairfield Inn that is relative new.

Room Tip: Do not get a room if you or someone in your family has breathing problems. Go across the road to ei...
1  Thank Rory C

Dear Rory C,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The good reviews have to be from the staff! This place is horrible! The staff is rude, toilets backed up, 12 dollars each for breakfast, please! I have stayed at way better hotels with free breakfast. This is the worst hotel and I will never go back there. I should have read the reviews first. Please listen to the reviews pass on this one!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wilson1972
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Wilson1972,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I would like to start with the positives: great complimentary breakfast with excellent and efficient waitresses. The location of the hotel is also excellent as there are lots of good restaurants (both fast food and sit down) close by. Now for the negatives: the floors in the rooms are filthy. We came with family for a wedding and the kids were in the room no longer than 15 minutes and we noticed the bottom of our kids' feet were black. Ewww! Our shower had hair in it and our rooms were not serviced. We were gone from 8:30 to 3:30 so I feel like this was a reasonable amount of time to allow for service. My sister in-law's room had electrical problems. When she plugged in her curling iron their room lost power: twice! My mother in law's room also had electrical problems as the bathroom light had to be on for the outlets in the room to work. My mother in-law's room did get serviced while she was in the room but the housekeeping staff asked if she actually wanted the bed made and then acted put out when she said yes. They did not replace her toiletries and only rinsed out her glasses instead of providing her with clean glasses. I think we could have paid a lot less for a lot more.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Krucker10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Krucker10,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the breakfast and level of service from our staff as well as found our restaurant and location convenient for your needs. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had with the condition of the room and housekeeping services received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N.