“Could use some work”

Ranked #102 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Dallas
“Could use some work”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Attending a Saturday wedding in Oklahoma City, we spent the night at the Crown Plaza. I chose it because it was near the wedding, we were familiar with the immediate area and the price was slightly better than several comparable alternatives. It was evident that some renovations had been done, but it’s an older hotel that still seems worn. The toilet leaked, the pool tile was cracked and missing. The included breakfast was good, the beds were sufficiently comfortable, the WIFI performed admirably and there were enough electrical outlets. However, for the money, I’ll likely spend my next trip elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear keywoodtravel,

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience. I'm pleased you enjoyed breakfast and found our location satisfactory to your needs. I am sorry for the condition of the toilet and pool tile and for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed July 10, 2012

When I first walked in the smell was like that an old wooden house built in the 1930's in south Alabama and had endured every type of vice-- old, musty, and obviously lived in. As I was checking in I looked up to the right and saw what I believe to be mold growing on an intake vent. I had a room on the eight floor and as I exited the elevator, I could not believe the ceilings were as low as they were -- maybe just a hair over 7 feet. The ceilings in the rooms were normal height after you got pass the door way. The room smelled like those found in the 80's in Panama City Beach that were built in the 60's-- alcohol, mildew, and definitely lived in. The pool area was fantastic and really the high point of the hotel. I did laundry that night--- the one washer and dryer were stuffed in a hallway by the pool. The washer and dryer were covered/caked with dirt. It smelled like a dead rat was there. It was disgusting to say the least. If you dropped your laundry, you might as well consider throwing it away. The area was so tight you could not fully open the dryer door. At $1.50 each and the area, I would not do laundry if at all possible. The next morning I went to breakfast. The "hot" food was cold and the coffee was undrinkable. The best part was the very ripe fruit. Raisen bran cereal was not available. I was suppose to get my bill underneath my door-- did not happen and delayed my departure. Across the way from this hotel is a brand new Holiday Inn Express and a Hilton Garden Inn. My company paid $181 for one night. I know you will have a much better experience and at a great value across the street. This hotel is not recommended. If you are near the Wiley Post airport, there is a Fairfield Inn that is relative new.

Room Tip: Do not get a room if you or someone in your family has breathing problems. Go across the road to ei...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rory C
Dear Rory C,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The good reviews have to be from the staff! This place is horrible! The staff is rude, toilets backed up, 12 dollars each for breakfast, please! I have stayed at way better hotels with free breakfast. This is the worst hotel and I will never go back there. I should have read the reviews first. Please listen to the reviews pass on this one!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wilson1972
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Wilson1972,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I would like to start with the positives: great complimentary breakfast with excellent and efficient waitresses. The location of the hotel is also excellent as there are lots of good restaurants (both fast food and sit down) close by. Now for the negatives: the floors in the rooms are filthy. We came with family for a wedding and the kids were in the room no longer than 15 minutes and we noticed the bottom of our kids' feet were black. Ewww! Our shower had hair in it and our rooms were not serviced. We were gone from 8:30 to 3:30 so I feel like this was a reasonable amount of time to allow for service. My sister in-law's room had electrical problems. When she plugged in her curling iron their room lost power: twice! My mother in law's room also had electrical problems as the bathroom light had to be on for the outlets in the room to work. My mother in-law's room did get serviced while she was in the room but the housekeeping staff asked if she actually wanted the bed made and then acted put out when she said yes. They did not replace her toiletries and only rinsed out her glasses instead of providing her with clean glasses. I think we could have paid a lot less for a lot more.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Krucker10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Krucker10,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the breakfast and level of service from our staff as well as found our restaurant and location convenient for your needs. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had with the condition of the room and housekeeping services received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N.
IHG Care
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Airline crew next to elevator shaft rm 717 continuous noise from the elevator going up & down. Not suppose to be in rooms by elevator per contract.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelermanPhoenix
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the elevator noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Room and location are both fine, but the shocker came at breakfast. I had asked about breakfast when we checked in and was told they served a nice full breakfast. My fault for not inquiring further. Thank goodness only one granddaughter and I came down first and not whole family. My bill for one child and myself with $3 tip was $30. No break for children. Rest of family had to leave to find a cheaper place to eat. I had a super steak at Cattlemans last night cheaper than that!!! Won't be back here. Where's Embasy Suites when you need it?

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Diane B
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel has just gotten a nice face lift to the exterior, lobby, bar, and other common areas. It was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I was up on the 9th floor and the room was clean, the bed really comfortable, and the floor quiet of any real distracting noises. It is close to many places to eat or shop. I will stay, again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business