When I first walked in the smell was like that an old wooden house built in the 1930's in south Alabama and had endured every type of vice-- old, musty, and obviously lived in. As I was checking in I looked up to the right and saw what I believe to be mold growing on an intake vent. I had a room on the eight floor and as I exited the elevator, I could not believe the ceilings were as low as they were -- maybe just a hair over 7 feet. The ceilings in the rooms were normal height after you got pass the door way. The room smelled like those found in the 80's in Panama City Beach that were built in the 60's-- alcohol, mildew, and definitely lived in. The pool area was fantastic and really the high point of the hotel. I did laundry that night--- the one washer and dryer were stuffed in a hallway by the pool. The washer and dryer were covered/caked with dirt. It smelled like a dead rat was there. It was disgusting to say the least. If you dropped your laundry, you might as well consider throwing it away. The area was so tight you could not fully open the dryer door. At $1.50 each and the area, I would not do laundry if at all possible. The next morning I went to breakfast. The "hot" food was cold and the coffee was undrinkable. The best part was the very ripe fruit. Raisen bran cereal was not available. I was suppose to get my bill underneath my door-- did not happen and delayed my departure. Across the way from this hotel is a brand new Holiday Inn Express and a Hilton Garden Inn. My company paid $181 for one night. I know you will have a much better experience and at a great value across the street. This hotel is not recommended. If you are near the Wiley Post airport, there is a Fairfield Inn that is relative new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City hotel, The Place to Meet! The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City hotel is a full service hotel centrally located to nearby attractions such as Frontier City Amusement Park, Whitewater Bay, National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, ASA Softball Hall of Fame, and the OKC Zoo. We are moments away from downtown OKC, Bricktown Entertainment District, and the Ford Center - home of the OKC Thunder and the Big 12 Championships. We are also located near several businesses including Chesapeake Energy, IBM, Integris Baptist Hospital, MidFirst Bank, Express Employment Professionals, and Schlumberger. Our beautiful hotel underwent a $4 million renovation and features free wireless Internet, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program and 7 Layers of Comfort. We invite you to enjoy one of our 218 newly renovated hotel rooms and 13,000 square feet of meeting space. The Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City Hotel is The Place to Meet for all of your conference, seminar, and social events! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Crowne Plaza