“Won't ever go back!”

Ranked #102 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Won't ever go back!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The good reviews have to be from the staff! This place is horrible! The staff is rude, toilets backed up, 12 dollars each for breakfast, please! I have stayed at way better hotels with free breakfast. This is the worst hotel and I will never go back there. I should have read the reviews first. Please listen to the reviews pass on this one!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wilson1972
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Wilson1972,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I would like to start with the positives: great complimentary breakfast with excellent and efficient waitresses. The location of the hotel is also excellent as there are lots of good restaurants (both fast food and sit down) close by. Now for the negatives: the floors in the rooms are filthy. We came with family for a wedding and the kids were in the room no longer than 15 minutes and we noticed the bottom of our kids' feet were black. Ewww! Our shower had hair in it and our rooms were not serviced. We were gone from 8:30 to 3:30 so I feel like this was a reasonable amount of time to allow for service. My sister in-law's room had electrical problems. When she plugged in her curling iron their room lost power: twice! My mother in law's room also had electrical problems as the bathroom light had to be on for the outlets in the room to work. My mother in-law's room did get serviced while she was in the room but the housekeeping staff asked if she actually wanted the bed made and then acted put out when she said yes. They did not replace her toiletries and only rinsed out her glasses instead of providing her with clean glasses. I think we could have paid a lot less for a lot more.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Krucker10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Krucker10,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the breakfast and level of service from our staff as well as found our restaurant and location convenient for your needs. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had with the condition of the room and housekeeping services received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N.
IHG Care
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Airline crew next to elevator shaft rm 717 continuous noise from the elevator going up & down. Not suppose to be in rooms by elevator per contract.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelermanPhoenix
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the elevator noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Room and location are both fine, but the shocker came at breakfast. I had asked about breakfast when we checked in and was told they served a nice full breakfast. My fault for not inquiring further. Thank goodness only one granddaughter and I came down first and not whole family. My bill for one child and myself with $3 tip was $30. No break for children. Rest of family had to leave to find a cheaper place to eat. I had a super steak at Cattlemans last night cheaper than that!!! Won't be back here. Where's Embasy Suites when you need it?

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Diane B
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel has just gotten a nice face lift to the exterior, lobby, bar, and other common areas. It was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I was up on the 9th floor and the room was clean, the bed really comfortable, and the floor quiet of any real distracting noises. It is close to many places to eat or shop. I will stay, again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan R
MA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This 3 star rated hotel was the best I could choose from when I booked my travel through American Airlines Vacations for my daughter's college graduation. Room 303 upon opening of the drapes revealed nothing but the entire decaying roof system! Oh did I forget to mention the beer cap on the floor? I requested a room change & not much better. Rollaway that was brought to our room for my son was so full of stains that I had to request they remove it immediately. The best is on Friday nights they turn the breakfast area into a full fledge club! I cannot describe the scene when we returned to the hotel but all I thought of was pimps & ho ho's all over the outside & inside lobby of the hotel. NOT family friendly. I called AA vacations & got no where. BEWARE!

Room Tip: Def NOT room 303!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank walk146
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear walk146,

Thank you for your your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Very easy to find, close to the mall and lots of restaurant options near by. One of my favorite things about the hotel is the beds, they are so comfortable! The employees were very helpful with check in and check out and also great when we needed directions. I've stayed at this hotel before, another great stay, but i can tell since my last visit they have done a lot of upgrading and redecorating and it looks awesome!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends