“Great hotel and staff, decent location”

Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
Ranked #92 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Arkansas
“Great hotel and staff, decent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This stay didn't start off the best, but significantly got better. My room wasn't ready until 4:18pm (I'm a Platinum member). Not a big deal as there was an Elephant Bar not to far away where I had a few drinks while waiting. The elevators are pretty small and slow. The room itself was fine, but there was a leak in the window. A hellacious rainstorm came through and the carpet by the window ended up damp. The air lagged a bit. It was fairly hot the week after Mother's Day and it labored to keep the room cool. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful, as were the girls behind the bar. The food was ok, typical bar food for a bar that doesn't do much food. There are plenty of places to eat and drink around there, and you're right next door to Hooters. They have free shuttle service around the immediate area. My wife and son showed up for a few days and they enjoyed the pool. When I got my bill I had been overcharged, but I had my original booking printout with me and they quickly correctly my bill without question. I didn't get the feeling it was deliberate, just a simple mistake.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a platinum ambassador member; I travel ALOT for work and pleasure. I was upgraded to an executive sweet...thanks. But it was not on the club floor. I was treated a little differently than I am used to, yes you can get spoiled!! I requested a robe and paper, and was told they were not available. I mentioned that they are on the club floor, and was told you have to be a member, alas to be treated as a commoner. Once they realized I was a platinum member, they bent over back wards for me, but wouldn’t do the same for the ordinary guest. he small things make a stay extraordinary. When I realized that they are only provided to the elite members, it made me sad that they don’t feel compelled to do it for every guest. It would be a great place if they did.

Room Tip: Get the membership.....and use it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Hubby was in "the City" on business--our two Shelties and I decided to go meet him for a night. Everyone from check in gal to the fellow who helped me pack up bags and pooches was awesome--professional yet friendly. Great comfy beds. It has a bar--didn't go in for drinks or snacks since we were headed out for dinner, but from the sound and sight of things it was a festive place to be. ;-)
Our room rate came with breakfast included. This was far and away the best hotel breakfast buffet I've ever had. Bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits, oatmeal with raisins and other goodies to top it, a wonderful fruit bar (the strawberries and fresh pineapple were perfect that day), and the coffee came with half and half.
As I was lingering over my fruit and paper after my husband left for his meeting, a lady came in and asked for a to-go box for her breakfast. They cheerfully brought it to her and she grabbed some goodies and went on her way. Two staff members were taking care of everyone that morning, so coffee cups didn't get filled quite fast enough...It would have been good to have coffee available for guests to refill their own cups. BUT the waitstaff were very nice and friendly--just busy. I left a tip, but I wondered if folks usually do. Tip those folks if you go there--it's not a lot for you, but it means a lot for them.
It isn't the newest hotel, but it is very clean and well-kept, and the location (right on NW Expwy) is great. Lots of good eateries and shopping along that stretch. And we found the staff to be very personable and efficient.
Oh--and there's a nice safe grassy area on the north side in the parking lot for the pooches to have a little "walkabout" away from the hotel landscaping and far away from busy traffic.
This place fit all our checklist for a great place to stay--in fact, we just re-booked for tomorrow night which made me think to write this review! This time we may hit the bar and find out what all that fun was about. ;-)

Room Tip: Ask about a corporate rate or AAA-shop for a deal.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank karenspirit
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I should have known right from the beginning. When I tried to make reservation with the Remington Park special rate, the 800 number said they did not have that rate. Called the hotel itself and front desk told me that rate was wrong. Called the sales office and the lady gave me the rate but believe me it was no bargain. First night we had to change rooms - no hot water. They did not clean our room on the second day which was fine except when asked for towels, said they were out. Told me I could come down and get pool towels. Went down to get pool towels and they offered me 2 (the size of a hand towel). Rude staff. Bathrooms were dirty and very, very small. Elevator was filthy and water pressure horrible. I will not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Oklahoma City hotels

Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Two of us participated in the Memorial Run and the Crown staff added to the warm heartfelt welcome of Oklahoma City. The double room is very comfy and the beds sleep good. Had a very nice view from the 9th floor. Thank you so much for the late check out! The made to order breakfast is Great Thanks again Crown staff and Oklahoma City. I really was not looking forward to seeing Texas drivers again, OKC even has good drivers just a friendly place.
You must see the Memorial ans the museum.

Room Tip: sign up for Priority Club
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Stayed here last a year and a half ago and loved the hotel. Things were different this time. When the lady at the front desk found out we were Hotwire customers, her whole demeanor changed--like we were second-class citizens for booking through Hotwire. We had requested 2 beds since our daughter was traveling with us. We were disappointed to find out the the 2 beds were full sized instead of queen. We are used to sleeping in a king sized bed at home, so were were uncomfortable with the small bed. The bathroom needed some TLC. The door would not close properly, and the makup mirror on the wall was missing. The hair dryer had some gooey substance on the handle, yuck. The paint in the bathroom was chipping and there was hair in the bathtub. Just a few things made this nice hotel feel more like a Motel 6. On the PLUS side, the beds, although small, were very comfortable. The room was extremely quiet. There was ample parking in front. I just can't help but wonder if were were given a sub-par room because we booked through Hotwire....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I booked my room through hotwire and paid less than the usual rate. This hotel was simply the best I have ever stayed in for the amount that I paid. I think that the regular nightly rate is completely reasonable as well. The room was nicely appointed. There were both firm and soft pillows on the bed. There was even lavender pillow spray, earplugs, and an sleep mask provided. The bed was as comfortable as the ones at the better Marriott properties and the bathroom was nicely updated with a granite top vanity and oversized, framed mirror and a magnifying make-up mirror.
The lobby was very nice-revolving door & pretty chandeliers & a bar just off the main lobby. Room service is available & the food isn't to outrageously priced.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple