“Great hotel but no nearby activities, restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35
Ranked #44 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
TN
“Great hotel but no nearby activities, restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a new hotel and is very nice, perhaps currently the nicest HIE in the US?
Being new means all things function well, clean.
The fitness room doesn't have premium Precor machines but the machines are new and function well.
The only reason I don't rate it 5 stars is the location relevant to restaurants, etc; however, the location is good if one looks at accessibility to the OKC area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed an overnight at this location using a reward stay. Hotel is newer and there are no problems to speak about. Check in was not nice, Claressa was a bit rude when I asked about why she was charging $50 for a reward stay. It was explained about incidentals later, she was helpful with directions to seafood places, and later in the evening she seemed to be nicer. this is why I am not giving 5 stars. I was just reminded once again why I left the chain and moved to Marriott as their customer service is usually top-notch. Room was very spacious, the lighting in the bathroom was very different. It was about 10 minute drive to the chain restaurants. The breakfast is the same as most FREE breakfast hotels. Despite the not-so-nice check in, I would still recommend. Thanks for reading. Video on the YouTube Channel.

RetiredArmyRanger

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Fairway, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I could not get over the Great Room Sizes,And of course the comfortable beds and linens. And High Tech plug ins. and gadgets. Free HBO. It was just excellent. The Color choices and amenities were also top notch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KathiMunson
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

One night stay in OKC - always look for HIE. Found this jewel right on I-35, just minutes away from my meeting the next morning. Modern, clean, comfortable ~ a really beautiful property. The bathroom is worth mentioning. No old-fashioned tub in this room - instead a LARGE, walk in shower! No floppy curtain to fight, just plenty of room, a good shower head and a good exhaust system to vent the steam away - well planned and beautifully appointed.

My only complaint is the breakfast. Hopefully, this isn't a daily occurrence, but on 05.13.14, I arrived in the lobby just as the breakfast attendant was getting things set up (6:30'ish). The kitchen door was open and some dreadful "mariachi" music was blaring through the lobby. No big deal, but I was rather disappointed that none of the hot items (biscuits, eggs, gravy, sausage, bacon, etc) were out. I prepared a bagel and slowly nibbled at that...hoping. Watched some television...waited. At 6:50, I finally gave up and left, still no hot b'fast items had arrived.

I had an early appointment and had to leave...I sure did miss hot biscuits and sausage gravy that I've come to expect when I stay at HIE.

Otherwise, no complaints - well done.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated right on top of I-35, so a room on the rear of the property may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank EastTexasGMan
David H, Guest Service Rep at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
We do appreciate your positive review. First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing us to stay with and would like to extend our hand any time you are in the OKC area on business or even if it is a personal, or family matter. We are located near the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, as well as the Chesapeake Energy Arena, and State Fair Park. Also we are just miles away from the Cox Convention Center, The Oklahoma City Community College Aquatics Center, and even the OU Medical Center. So what ever your needs are in the future we hope that if you are staying in the OKC area you will not hesitate to stay with us.
Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were supposedly locked into one rate but charged a higher rate at check - in. They said they would change it. Went to check-out and rate was $20 higher! They added $45 in "miscellaneous" feea but no one could
explain why. In my opinion it was way overpriced at $139 to begin with and then tried to charge us $185. Crappy views of the highway
and a broken down, nasty restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank bherrin68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear bherrin68,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you received from the front desk staff and for the billing issues you have encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you're looking for a nice HIE relatively close to the downtown of OKC, look no further. The hotel is very nicely appointed in terms of common space and guest rooms.

When reserving, DO request a room which does NOT face I-35 as the hotel is very, very close to this interstate. While I did not specifically notice the noise, I also "sleep like the dead" whereas another guest might be bothered.

Room Tip: Request a room NOT facing I-35
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
We would like to thank you for you review. We would also like to extended our open doors to you if you are looking to have a family vacation, as we are for the most part centrally located we are near the Oklahoma City Zoo, White Water Bay, Frontier City, and even the Governor's Mansion. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the OKC area.
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Brand new hotel with an excellent friendly staff that was helpful with any questions that we had during our stay. The hotel breakfast was hot and readily available during our stay. There is a small dive restaurant out front of hotel but the hotel has done a great job with a privacy fence to hide the eye source.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank excursion_2005
We appreciate all of the positive feed back. We hope in the near or far future when you return to the OKC area that you will choose our property to stay at. Even if you are only in the area for the Farmers Public Market, or maybe Some of our tourist attractions like the Bricktown Water Taxi, or even The American Banjo Museum please feel free to stay with us, and we do look forward to seeing you again