“Great restaurant, a bit pricey”
Review of The Coach House - CLOSED

The Coach House
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 63rd & Western
Houston, Texas
“Great restaurant, a bit pricey”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

While on my business trip to OKC, we had the pleasure of dining at The Coach House on a Wednesday evening. Red Prime Steak was allegedly fully booked, so we called this restaurant and they said they could fit us in.

Decor & location.
It is located in front of a quiet shopping center near the Chesapeake campus (northwest). From the outside it looked like a Swiss cottage. Once inside the theme was he same and white clothed. There's around 12-14 tables with seating from 2-6 pax. There's a private party room as well. From looking around the room, this was more of an old money, oil/gas tycoon/executive crowd.

Service.
We were quickly seated by the host. Throughout the entire meal, the waiter was spot: made recommendations, took orders, present food & desserts, and made conversation. Sorry, I can't remember his name but he showed us a hand sculpture made from wine bottle tins (when they were still made out of tin) he had collected over the years. I appreciated that He took the 'stuffiness' out of the environment.

Food.
I ordered the mushroom sandwich as my appetizer on a bed of vinegarette greens. It was really good. Then I had the 'no name' steak which was supposed to be a ribeye. One coworker got the same and got a ribeye. The other ordered a filet mignon and got that. My steak was a hybrid between the filet & ribeye, not sure if that is possible, but that's what I got. Anyways, it was cooked perfectly medium-rare and tasted perfect. The desserts were good, lime sherbet (decent) for me and soufflé (great) for my coworkers. The only downside was that the food was pricey, just a bit high for the value.

Drinks.
They have a large selection of wine and adult beverages. They ran out of the Malbec I wanted so they gave me the reserve for the same price. Wine prices are reasonable per bottle.

Would I go back: I probably would, on the company's dime - yes, on my own dime - yes for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GDVinHTown

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“One of The Best”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

One of the two best places to take your special person for a special occasion. The Chief is world renown and prepares not a finer plate anywhere. Atmosphere can't be better.

Visited June 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
“Premier OKC Restaurant”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Top restaurant on Oklahoma---it's the choice for all of our "occasions" such as anniversary & birthdays. Food and service are always "top notch". Chef Kurt Fleisfresser is the absolute best in the state. You will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2012
Stroud, Oklahoma
“Sport fan”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I loved the atmosphere, they go us seated and food to us pretty quick, the food wasnt bad either. If u are a sports fan i toatally recommend you to visit here

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Use to be great. Now just average or below.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The coach house use to be the place to go for great dining, fantastic wine list and special occasions. As of 10/10/12, I will not go there again. The waiter could differentiate between the cab wines saying they all taste the same. When describing the specials and the menu volunteered that the food had contributed to his multiple experiences with gout. The manager was spending his time with 2 young women talking about all his accomplishments.

The appetizer of duck prepared 3 ways was great. I highly recommend it if you like duck. We 2 different kinds of soup, squash and 3 green. If you like sweet, you will like the squash. The 3 green soup was very good. We had the rib eye as an entree was was cooked properly, however the quality was not $50 that was charged. The potato side was also enjoyable. The broccoli was burnt to a crisp. very disappointing experience.

• Visited October 2012