“On steep down hill slide”

Joes Crab Shack - Expressway
Ranked #573 of 1,647 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“On steep down hill slide”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have eaten here many times over the past 10-15 years and tonight was the worst experience ever. First, let me say that I frequently eat in several of the REAL Joe's Crab Shacks in Houston. This place should not even be allowed to use the same name!

The last time I was here I noticed that the quality and quantity of the food had decreased. Tonight was a visit to see if things had improved but they were only worse. The snow crabs were half what they used to serve. It was not properly cooked and was difficult to remove from the shell. They were supposed to be spicy but were tasteless. The drawn butter served was not what it should be. It appeared to be very diluted and did not taste like butter. The ear of corn was not fully mature and only about half filled out with kernels and not well cooked. The shrimp was also under cooked and tasteless.

When they did their line dance, it was just three people and they no longer even play music while they do it. There were very few other customers there. The place has the appearance of a place in financial difficulty and under poor management

The only bright spot was an attentive server. My wife and I will not go back to eat there again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ShotgunWillie70

Yukon, Oklahoma
“I Got Crabs”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I ate at Joe's and got crabs!! Seriously, the meal was excellent. We ordered one of their crab specials with King crab and dungeness crab and my wife got the lobster daddy feast which included whole lobster and snow crab. The lobster was somewhat chewy or rubbery but the crab was fantastic. We will absolutely go back but we will not order the lobster next time. Overall, I would recommend this to friends and family.

• Visited June 2013
“CRAB BOIL”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

their crab boils are huge and well worth the money, this one is on a creek, and has outside seating, so the atmosphere is great

Visited May 2013
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been to many Jose's crab shacks but this was the worst one I have ever been to. The service was very slow and the food was under cooked. Red lobster was much better!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cindy T
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband brought me here for Valentines Day and it was packed, but we only had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table. Service was very prompt (and remained so throughout the meal) and a joy to have, if I remember I think his name was Thomas; I was impressed because he spelled it upside down in cursive! Our food came out quickly and steaming hot. Even though this place was stacked and packed and servers were busy, they still took the time to do their every 45 minute dance for the customers, it was entertaining. This was the second time I've been here and I didn't like it the first time; I'm glad I gave Joe's Crab Shack a second chance because now I love it!

• Visited February 2013