“When the waitress tells you there's enough to share, believe it!”
Review of Yucatan Taco Stand

Yucatan Taco Stand
Ranked #157 of 1,656 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Mexican
Spencer, Indiana
“When the waitress tells you there's enough to share, believe it!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My granddaughter and I stopped here in the middle of the afternoon. We were pretty much the only customers, so I had my doubts about the food even though I had read good reviews about the place.

We started our meal with margaritas, chips, salsa and dip. At the recommendation of the waitress, we ordered nachos to share. She adamantly assured us it would be plenty for the both of us. Even though we were hungry, her words proved true. And the nachos were awesome, some of the best I've ever eaten.

I would definitely go back to the Yucatan Taco Stand if I was in the area again and can heartily recommend it. If it is a nice day, you can ride the water taxi visible just outside the window of the restaurant.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Eat these tacos”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

That one poor review scared me but I am so glad I went anyway!! Do yourself a favor and get some tacos at Yucatan - for $4 these tacos needed to be DEE-LISH and they did not disappoint!! This is the first time I've ever saved the guacamole for dessert...the shredded beef and fried fish taco I had were That. Good.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank blondegeek
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This is the problem with ratings”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

There is no way this place should be rated this high. Three of us ate here and it was an hour of our life we won't get back and a meal that wasn't up to taco truck standards. At the advice of another reviewer, we got the shredded tacos. None of us finished the meal. We let it lay and did the "walk of shame" right out the door. But I doubt the other three folks there for dinner paid much attention to us leaving.

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice Stop Off - Tacos & Quesadillas”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Recently made a pit stop in Oklahoma City on our way back from CA. My wife and I were craving Mexican food with out it being too fast. Found the Yucatan Tequila and Taco Stand and decided to stop. It was a busy Saturday afternoon in down-town OKC. Once we found a place to park we strolled down the river front in Bricktown.
Yucatan was a quick casual Mexican themed restaurant. Food was very good. Had fish tacos, my wife had the shredded beef taco and we shared the Habenaro Chicken Quesadilla. Beer was cold and the Pineapple/Cinnamon margarita was unusual and excellent.

The restaurant was busy but the staff was attentive and service was good.

Will remember this place when I'm in FT Worth or Houston as they have locations there as well.

Dallas, Texas
“Really solid, but not spectacular”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When I see a top 5 ranking, my expectations are set pretty high. There was good food, and a great spot, but not a 5-star experience. I recommend the shredded beef tacos (we got 3 flavors, but this was easily the best), Sit outside with a review of the river, Get the premier margarita, it was great!