“La Quinta - Great Pet Friendly Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North - Quail Springs
Ranked #29 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We arrived at 10 pm with dog. No extra charge for pet so a big influence in our decision to stay at this location and hotel. Pet friendly hotel with areas to take pets outside.

Desk staff very nice and helpful with check in, where room was located and when breakfast served. Room was very nice, clean and no odors. Comfortable bed and sofa. Strong water flow in shower. Air conditioning unit acceptable level of sound. Several choices for out of hotel dining in area. Easy exit and entrance to John Kilpatrick Turnpike. TV, microwave and fridge all worked well. Did not stay for breakfast but they were setting up and hot food looked good. Also provided yogurt, fruit and biscuits.

We have stayed at two other pet friendly hotels in Oklahoma City and this one was the best. Highly recommend and we will stay here when we travel again through Oklahoma City.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smithscottb

A La Quinta traveler
Childress, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We selected this location to relax and enjoy the "resort" type services. We paid more than we usually do for a hotel on purpose. It was a nice place, nice room, easy parking, good location, etc. The early morning staff (maybe night shift) was too busy with the newspaper covering her face and never saw us walk in or out of the front lobby. The rest of the staff was very pleasant. When we arrived we learned there were three or four youth teams staying at the same time. The lobby was overwhelmed with kids on couches, over flowing into the hallway, laying on the floor, going in and out a lot, up and down the hallway and elevator, etc....just being kids. The pool was overwhelmed and the breakfast area was full. We were advised to eat early or they may be out of food. Love kids and have been a soccer coach with a team that traveled. The kids were pretty good; however they really overwhelmed the place. I also understand the hotel is in the business to rent rooms. However, we paid full price and the services we paid such as the pool were not available to us. We were disappointed with our stay. It would be a good place to stay otherwise

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb E
A TripAdvisor Member
Olympia, Washington, USA
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We first "randomly" chose La Quinta at Quail Springs (Edmond/OKC, OK) for its proximity to relatives and reasonable pricing, and in the process discovered a great value and convenience. We will book this hotel for every future visit. This appears to be a relatively new facility (perhaps nicer than others in the chain??) that includes indoor pool and jetted hot tub, small workout room, computer room. The highlight is breakfast, nice variety, lots of food. Our room was amazingly quiet, despite being next to the elevator and hosting several sports teams a couple nights. Staff was extremely helpful: They offered a discount for extended stay (I booked over the phone), and helped my wife print our boarding passes. Convenient location includes Quail Springs Mall and other shopping/restaurants, gas station, major arterials and easy freeway access between OKC/airport and Edmond. A turnpike also runs by there, so we used it three times and zipped right past OKC's rush hour traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the time we began planing our family's reuion and consisidered the LaQinita Inn & Suites Quails Spring OkIc the Tompsons and their staff have been the model of humiility and hospitality. The workers are considerate and kind. We reserved the meeting room for 2 dys and everything worked in it as well as it was clean and smelled pleasant. Breakfast accomodated many people easily. They really have their stuff toether! We have a large family (70ct in attendance) with lots of small children. We didn't feel that our children were not welcomed and we were all treated with respect and made to feel our presence was appreciated. We will be happy to go there again and I will tell people of what a great experience we had while guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We came to this hotel to stay thinking the area was nice and usually have had really good luck at La Quintas. This is the worst one we have ever been to! It started when we got there the staff was busy smoking and chatting outside and were very unfriendly while they finally got us checked in. We got our room keys and took our stuff to our room where we found a bug hanging out on the bed! The staff were informed and they changed our room and I asked the girl if she would come see the bug and she said she didn't care to look!! We changed rooms and a short time after my son got sick and threw up so I asked the desk for some cleaning supplies so I could clean it up and they wanted to switch us rooms again and wait for the cleaning staff to come in the morning to have them clean it! Now to the absolute worst part, my husband woke me up in the morning and asked if I had moved my truck and I said no I didn't and asked him why and he said it wasnt where we parked it! Turns out my truck had been stolen!!!! Another vehicle was also broke into and had all of there stuff stolen out of it as well!! When I informed the desk they showed no sign of concern what so ever other then they did call the police for us. Then obviously we had to find a rental car to get back home in and I asked them if it took a little past checkout if that would be ok and the desk attendant (manager was there as well!) said that wouldn't be possible unless we paid for another night!!! Needless to say we will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Redneckluv
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable, close to tourist attractions by car, and within walking distance of nearby restaurants...I would recommend the hotel to any one of my friends and would stay here again myself.

However, I would recommend that you have an action plan in place if you are visiting during tornado season. I just returned from OKC last night and was there when the EF5 and widest tornado in US history ripped through OKC. I am from Minnesota so I know the destruction a tornado can cause and how a tornado can shift without warning. We were watching the news coverage in our hotel room and I went to talk with the hotel staff to see what our options were. The staff at this hotel were ill prepared for this type of situation with no plan in place other than to sit in the hallway of the hotel. After the tornado ripped through the city I was talking with other people at the hotel and one person told me that the Quail Springs Mall has an underground level and many of them went there to take cover. Had we known this, we would have done the same as the mall is a couple minutes from the hotel. We also lost power for about 17 hours because of the storm and there was no plan in place for the customers. We had battery-operated hall lights that burnt out after 6 hours and were not replaced making it very difficult to walk within the hotel. I would also recommend packing a flashlight or if you have a smartphone, download a flashlight app so you can find your way to the bathroom at night in case the power goes out. I know some were offerend a discount, I was not, but didn't expect a discount because it was out of their control; however, I would like to see them devise a plan for future customers who may experience the same.

Again, the hotel itself is nice but be prepared in case of an emergency because staff is not.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family