“Comfort at the Comfort Inn”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City
Ranked #133 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Sarasota, Florida
“Comfort at the Comfort Inn”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great welcome, great room, great TV package and just an excelient stay for a reasonable amount. The room was clean with a flat screen TV and one of the most comfortable beds. Breakfast was varied and plenty of it. i will stay again.

Room Tip: I would say all will be good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Seriously, maintence wasn't available til after 11:am the next day and our toilet overflowed right after checkin around 5;00pm., also replaced two light bulbs in the room, bulbs and plunger was provided by front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Had not see my wife in 2 months decided we wanted a room with a wirlpool tub. Picture looked good but after getting there, Well there is no place in walking distance to eat and I'd triple lock the doors after dark and hope you have an alarm on your car. The Room smelled musty the tub leaked and it was very dark in the room ther is no view unless you like looking at the back of a building. There is a better confort inn 10 blocks away we found while shopping at the mall and eating at IHOP and Applebee's right in front of the confort inn hotel I believe I'll go there next time! Good Luck

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acetee02
Bisbee, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Ordinarily the Comfort Inn chain has some pretty nice hotels but this one sure isn't one of them. If I hadn't been exhausted from a solo drive I'd probably have checked out and gone somewhere else. The first impression I had of my room is that it had a distinct odor of--hmmm, BLUE CHEESE! Yukky. Instead of making a big stink about it (ha, ha, get it?) I went next door to the Lowe's and bought some air freshener. After spraying half a bottle of that the smell went away. But the room was just kind of cruddy and little things needed attending to--the bathtub stopper didn't work, the bathtub dripped all night, big rip in the upholstery in the chair and some kind of white, gross stains on the desk chair. Room had a lovely view of a bunch of discarded mattresses in the lot next door. It's terribly hard to get to, too, with a one way street in front of it. The carpet in the stairwell was particularly gross--haven't these people heard of carpet cleaning? It was just overall pretty run down, and, in this coupon book that I picked up at one of the rest areas along the way they touted themselves as a "New Hotel." Ha. No way. The only great thing I can say about this place is that it's next door to San Marcos, a killer Mexican restaurant, and that I only had to stay there one night. Go somewhere else in Oklahoma City.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Kansas
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I rented a king room with a whirlpool tub.....there was pubic hair in the tub, mold/mildew in the jets. I called for housekeeping, there was no one on duty. I reported it to the desk clerk, he was to have made a note to management and they were to call me....they did not, I had to contact them. I was there for a two night stay.

They offered $10.00 off of one night's stay for my inconvenience. The manager basically said that I was lying about the conditions, but I do have pictures of the pubic hairs and dirt/scum rings aroung the tub that I would furnish upon request. I did try to rinse out and wipe the tub down, but it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in some time....I wasn't going to put my body in such an unsanitary tub.

WATCH OUT!!!! Had management just admitted that they had been having trouble with housekeeping, which the desk clerk told my sister and I when checking out, and refunded $20.00, I would have been satisfied. The manager chose to keep the $10.00 difference in room cost as opposed to keeping a customer satisfied. Bad choice......

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sophnpoohsmom9
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Stayed here in January 2009 on a one night trip to see the Pistons play the Thunder at the Ford Center. This Comfort Inn used to be a Ramada, and is a nice property for the chain. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the bed was better than average for Comfort Inn.

The breakfast was perfectly fine - it looks like things have improved since the last review. Furthermore, the staff was helpful and very nice. Also the hotel was very secure, even the front door was locked at night. Cab to the Ford Center was under $20 each way, better than hassling with parking, etc.

I'd stay here again if in the area.

Stayed January 2009
San Antonio
Reviewed June 10, 2008

When we arrived and saw how close the property is to the freeway, we requested a room on the opposite side and the rate was increased since that put us into 2 beds as they said there are no king beds on the quiet side.

The room and public areas were large and clean. It was formerly a Ramada Inn.

The jacuzzi had water, but the switch to turn it on produced nothing.

I think the manager's family was in the room next to us. At midnite I had to go to the front desk and get them to go pound on the door as they were playing the piano. The same tune over and over.

The breakfast buffet was the worst I've seen from a Comfort Inn. Not up to their normal variety.

Okay for a 1 night stay.

• Liked — Large, clean room
  • Disliked — Breakfast Buffet
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple