“Good food, GREAT people!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oklahoma City
“Good food, GREAT people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here because of the positive reviews on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The food was quite good, but what made it great was the attitude of everybody in there. From the time we walked in until we left it seemed like we were regulars and everybody was really glad we were there. It was very clean and a really nice overall experience. I will be going back!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank broncobrooks

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Fantastic Diner with a Small Town Vibe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I tried this place at lunch today because it is a few miles from my office and had limited but mostly great TA reviews. I grew up in small towns before moving to OKC and the location and atmosphere felt like a small town Diner. First impression when I walked in was cleanliness, the place was spotless and from what I could see the kitchen was immaculate. The lady at the counter was very friendly and helpful. There is a sign on the wall that says come in a stranger and leave as a friend and that is exactly the feeling the place gave me. I noticed that even the kitchen staff were smiling and seemed to be enjoying their work. I had a patty melt and hand cut fries and they were good, not the best I've ever had but really solid food. I however did see several entree's come by that I want to go back and try. The catfish, the chicken fried steak, and I saw a bunch of people ordering what looked like Indian Tacos which I didn't see on the menu. It was mostly white collar clientele seemed to be a lot of state government employees. There is also a lot of Capitol Hill historical photographs and memorabilia on the walls that were interesting to look at. I honestly am excited to try it again real soon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canon City, Colorado
“Best in OKC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was there about 3 weeks ago. Had the best burger and Catfish. WOW! way better than the old Catfish Cabin I grew up eating NW OKC. the service was fast & friendly . I will be back next time I am in OKC. Thanks for the GREAT FOOD can't wait to come back and try the BBQ Bacon Ranch Cheeseburger. That thing L@@KED GOOD!

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Capitol Hill Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are in Oklahoma City between Monday and Friday it is worth the short drive to the Capitol Hill area for breakfast. If not breakfast then make it for lunch.
I started going while I was still taking chemo treatments, they would fix as little or as much as I ask for, the scrabbled eggs, toast and hash browns are my fav, but to date I havent found anything bad on the menu. My partners swear by the hand made salsa! Friendly staff, once you've been there call you by name. Great service and the price is right. They have a lunch special daily that usually includes the drink. Lunch fav for me is the catfish or chicken strips or ....well you get it so much good to eat anyone should be able to find something.
Breakfast is served until 1030am, it gets very busy for lunch so go early for parking.
So go find a table, for breakfast they come take your order, for Lunch go to the counter and give your order, ......which ever one you make will be worth the trip to Grill on the Hill in Capitol Hill.

• Visited November 2012
Oklahoma City
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

It's not centrally located, you've got to drive further south of I40 to get there. They've got great burgers and a pretty good breakfast menu. If you're ever in the area definitely make the stop.