“Best hickory sauce ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Charcoal Oven

Charcoal Oven
Ranked #615 of 1,633 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Palm Beach, Florida
“Best hickory sauce ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is the drive-in of choice for me anywhere in the country. Food is good, atmosphere is authentic 1950's drive-in (which it is). Hickory sauce is the best anywhere.

• Visited June 2012

Danville, California
“Always good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

You're hungry but tired of the Golden Arch's - go get a real burger @ the Charcoal oven. Really, really good home-made Onion-rings. Been in the same location, serving the same great food for over 45 years. Go - trust me.

Visited December 2011
Great Falls
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frozen Burgers & Tasteless Fries”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We are in Oklahoma City for the night and the Charcoal Oven is a few blocks away from our hotel so we decided to try their burgers. The sign at their entrance is "old school" and awesomely nostalgic. My son ordered the bacon burger cheeseburger combo ($11), my husband bought a mushroom burger and I got the Suzie Q fries. We expected the burgers to be from scratch ~ they appeared to be frozen patties ~ and the fries were tasteless unless we drenched in ketchup. The "new" sweet tea was right on the verge of being sour.
After $29 for 3 people (I didn't even buy a burger), we were EXTREMELY disappointed. We should have driven away when the man taking the order repeatedly snapped at us wile taking our order. Lesson learned.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Tracy B
Zurich, Switzerland
“Burger take out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Looking for a take out burger place? Do not go for the ice cream chains, big M's or BK's.
It's Charcoal Oven!!!
That's by far the best burger I've ever had in Oklahoma City!!!
Unlike the other reviews it really surprised me most positively and I'll definitely will go there again. Keep up guys! Earn the title back: BEST BURGER IN TOWN!!!!!

1 Thank kai1106
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The food was literally rotten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This used to serve some of the best burgers and onion rings in town, but the quality has fallen to such an extent that I would advise people to avoid this place. I bought a #14 bacon cheese burger, the letuce and tomatoe we rotten. I feel that it is just a matter of time before someone gets food poisoning.

• Visited June 2011