“Frozen Burgers & Tasteless Fries”
Review of Charcoal Oven - CLOSED

Charcoal Oven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We are in Oklahoma City for the night and the Charcoal Oven is a few blocks away from our hotel so we decided to try their burgers. The sign at their entrance is "old school" and awesomely nostalgic. My son ordered the bacon burger cheeseburger combo ($11), my husband bought a mushroom burger and I got the Suzie Q fries. We expected the burgers to be from scratch ~ they appeared to be frozen patties ~ and the fries were tasteless unless we drenched in ketchup. The "new" sweet tea was right on the verge of being sour.
After $29 for 3 people (I didn't even buy a burger), we were EXTREMELY disappointed. We should have driven away when the man taking the order repeatedly snapped at us wile taking our order. Lesson learned.

1  Thank Tracy B

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Looking for a take out burger place? Do not go for the ice cream chains, big M's or BK's.
It's Charcoal Oven!!!
That's by far the best burger I've ever had in Oklahoma City!!!
Unlike the other reviews it really surprised me most positively and I'll definitely will go there again. Keep up guys! Earn the title back: BEST BURGER IN TOWN!!!!!

1  Thank kai1106
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This used to serve some of the best burgers and onion rings in town, but the quality has fallen to such an extent that I would advise people to avoid this place. I bought a #14 bacon cheese burger, the letuce and tomatoe we rotten. I feel that it is just a matter of time before someone gets food poisoning.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

People cannot listen and let you order wants to run her mouth about do you want this or that on the burger when if she would just listen she would know. We tried to order 3 combos and she was to busy talking to listen to us so we drove off after the order. lol

Reviewed November 1, 2009

Like the charcoal cooked flavor. My favorite is the Chili & Cheese. Probably clogs my arteries but sure is good. You will spend more that McDoanlds here but worth trying if you want a burger or frank. This is a drive thru only.