“Empty buffet / lots of better Thai places in OKC”

Thai House Restaurant
Ranked #834 of 1,660 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Thai
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Empty buffet / lots of better Thai places in OKC”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Local reviews for this restaurant were good but my visit for the lunch buffet at 1 pm on Friday left much to be desired.
The buffet was out of most of the meat dishes - the garlic chicken was like jerky - pad Thai was old looking and dry - spring rolls were fresh and good and 1 of the soups was hot and good. Everything else was empty-lookwarm- or dried out. For a 9 dollar lunch I should have gone to Big Truck Taco next door and had fresh hot food.

• Visited March 2014

“I like it”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went there so I could eat meat and my wife could eat vegan. The food was good and fresh. The server was sweet and attentive. I plan on eating there again when I return to OKC

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank King V
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome is the only word to describe”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Monday to Friday lunch buffet cannot be beat. I also get Togo dinner there at least once a week. Great place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MickeyOKC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was good until today! 7/17/13”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have went their many times and today I took 2 co-workers and 1 of them found a small, still intact, cooked cockroach in his food. I went and got the lady and showed it to her, she immediately apologized and took our plates away, and we just couldn't eat of course, so we got up, she told us not to worry about anything as we were walking out. I was just devastated b/c I used to love to go to this place and now I don't think I will ever be able to go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sadday_13
Oklahoma City
“Best kept secret in OKC!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Until two years ago, I had never had thai food before in my life...I was entirely skeptical. However, my fiance kept urging me to go with him to his favorite thai restaurant and I finally relented! THANK GOODNESS!

He took me to The Thai House and my life was forever changed!! When we first walked into the restaurant, I maintained my wariness. The atmosphere is nothing grand or showy. The dining room is a little dark and looks like it hasn't been updated since the 1970s. However, we were immediately greeted by perhaps the most friendly staff I have ever met. For the duration of my visit, I continued to be presently surprised.

I shared a Thai Tea with my fiance. I had never tried this before and I was immediately hooked! It was as if a latte and tea was combined to form the most refreshing iced drink! I have since tried Thai Tea at other establishments...nothing compares!

Next, we shared the spring rolls. They came out piping hot, crispy, flaky, and delicious!! The peanut sauce that comes alongside is equally amazing!

For an entree we shared the pork pad thai and the crispy duck. Now, both entrees were spectacular, but I quickly declared that I was no longer sharing my crispy duck and that my fiance could not have another bite! It blew my mind!!

This hole-in-the-wall restaurant may not look like much from the outside (or the inside!) but the employees and their awesome cuisine will convince you to keep coming back for more.

• Visited March 2013