“Spectacular service along with tasteless food.”

Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,633 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, French, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 63rd
Yukon, OK
“Spectacular service along with tasteless food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Pan seared halibut was definitely not pan seared. No seasoning or flavor whatsoever. Terribly overpriced at $30. Wish we had gone to Long John Silvers. Service was extremely good. The Metro has been in my hometown for many years. These days I expect food to be fantastic for high prices. Not!

1 Thank Alan W

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was great, but food was fair to poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I took clients there tonight. The service was perfect, but the food was poorly prepared. My wife had the special lobster ravioli which was way too salty, she couldn't eat it. I ordered the lamb special, which was recommended as medium rare, it was rare to raw, but you just don't send things back when you are with clients. Desert was crem brûlée, just ok and the bread pudding was way over cooked. For the prices you just expect a lot better preparation. What a shame, it's a really cool place, and my second and last time there.

Salem, South Carolina
“Very Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was surprised at the level of sophistication of this restaurant. The food was excellent and the special entree was extraordinary. The wine list had great selections and the staff was knowledgeable and friendly. It had a elegant but casual feeling. It was quiet enough to carry on a conversation too.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious food and neat atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I can't complain about the food in Oklahoma City or Tulsa. I was impressed all around (except for the terrible hotel food that I encountered). This place had some neat options on the menu and everything I had was very tasty. The staff was also very attentive. I would visit again without hesitation.

Visited October 2012
Olney, Maryland
“Was expecting better, but not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I researched places to eat in Oklahoma City before I selected this one. I had the sauteed shrimp and scallops. Several of the shrimp were quite chewy but the scallops were fine. And it had a cream sauce with it that I suppose has something to do with the regional preferences but not what I was expecting. Staff was very friendly.

• Visited September 2012