“Largest and Best Burger of your Life”
Review of Nic's Grill

Nic's Grill
Ranked #1 of 1,647 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Louisville, Kentucky
“Largest and Best Burger of your Life”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Ok, seriously #1!?! They are rated at #1 of 816 restaurants in OKC. We just had to find out what all the buzz was about.

Upon arriving we were shocked to see how tiny the place was. We parked and had to stand outside as there was not even room to stand and wait in doors. Again this was a Thursday at say 12:45 in the afternoon.

When another couple came out looking like they had full bellies by the smile on their faces we ducked inside to stand in the warmth for the rest of our wait. Inside it was quite cozy. Jam packed house and seems as if that is the deal everyday.

The chefs behind the counter took our drink order and passed them over the bar while we stood and waited for any seat to open up. I made the most of the time by counting the seats…one, two, three….17. That’s right. 17 seats in the whole diner including the bar. Time went quick as we enjoyed the simmering smell of the grill and the coziness of our new BFF who stood inches beside us.

When a spot opened up to sit we shimmied our way to the table and laughed together at the scene around us.

“Where are ya’ll from,” asked the buff gentleman beside us.

“Louisville. What about you guys,” I replied.

“Reno,” he answered with a booming voice.

I soon heard many others around us and saw them taking pictures to know we were with lots of both locals and tourists. There was a family I swore I heard say they were from Brazil. No way, I thought. Sure enough I heard them later speaking Portugese. Wow. Normally we try to get away from the “tourist-y” type attractions or places most people want to see and do more of the off-the-beaten-path kind of places.

Nic’s Grill is great because it draws everyone!

We enjoyed not only the largest, but the best burger of my life!

Check out Nic’s Grill when you are in OKC. Worth the wait and the crowd, it’s all part of the experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank TheModernMrsBlog

Texas
“Greasy Spoon Culinary Adventure!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nic's Grill is a bare bones tiny 50's style lunch counter diner that is a true greasy spoon culinary adventure. It is always packed around lunch time and although the limited menu does have a chicken fried plate, breakfast items, and other daily lunch plate specials, their specialty is the onion burger. When you walk in you can expect to wait for 10 or 15 minutes for a spot at the counter or one of 3 cramped tables. The grill cook or the lone waiter will take your order by memory and your burger is prepared at a frantic pace in full sight of the lunch counter. The cook takes about a 2/3 to 3/4 lb ball of fresh hamburger meat and throws it on the grill, then mashes it into a patty with the spatula, the final step before the meat leaves the grill is a big glob of grilled onions pilled on the patty. The final product is a huge good old fashioned greasy burger that is cut in half before served. You can order the burger with cheese, lettuce, onion, pickles, jalapenos, mustard, ketchup, mayo, or you can make it bigger and greasier with an optional pile of bacon. If you order fries you will get a ridiculously large portion of good ol greasy fries that is easily enough for two, but don't share the fries unless you want to pay an additional charge. If you want a healthy nutritious meal in a comfortable relaxed setting, then don't go to Nic's, but if you want a huge world class tasty burger, you gotta try it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank trextx
dallas fort worth
“Caved to the Crave”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

With only 4.86 miles between us and Nic's, I just had to see if the place was as good as the reviews. It is, now let's see if I can give a bit more detail as to why. Two guys working, one asks what you want, not how you want it prepared or what you want on it, just what you want...9 out of 10 times it's a burger. The other (Nic) throws it on the grill, along with the other 14 slabs of meat and a whole pile of grilled onions on one corner of the grill. He lines up the baskets next to it and once the meat is almost ready he (Nic) asks you what you want on it. No paper, no mix ups, clean simple and fast. The cheese is thrown on and the mustard, mayo or katsup slathered bun top is set upon the melting cheese to be lifted on the other bun, prepared with your choice of toppings, in one quick sweep of the spatula. The fries are shoestring, curly fries and are taken out of the frying basket, golden crisp and added into individual burger baskets before it is served for either there or to go. (no call ins). We had ours to go. It's true, tiny place, 10 barstools and maybe 10 tables (2 tops with room for maybe 3 to sit). If you want to come inside to eat, are lucky enough to find a seat a seat for two and decide to share, be prepared to have $2.50 added to your ticket. Can't blame them with the lack of room but I'm sure they don't blame you for sharing either...burgers are huge and while I would love to have another, am thinking we should try the fried chicken before we head back to Dallas on Friday.
Oh, they do serve breakfast, omelets mostly and one gent ordered the chicken fried steak while I was there. It was obscenely huge. They start whipping out the burgers at 10 am and close at 2pm. Enjoy

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank tlc911
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“It hurts so good!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I know as someone who is looking to eat healthier that I shouldn't even drive down the same street that Nic's is on, because when I get near it, I can just smell the taste of the big juicy hamburger made just the way you like it from fresh ground meat and grilled onions with hot melted cheese and served with awesome French fries. I know I shouldn't eat the whole burger basket myself, but I also know better than to share because you will want the whole order for yourself. Ok,yes I think they make a decent burger! If elbow to elbow eating is not your thing, you may want to think twice about going there. It is a tiny place but I love it

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Janet O
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nic's is a OKC Must...Burgers”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Are you a burger fan? Don't miss Nic's Grill in OKC. They have some other items but the Burgers are the answer.

Nic's is very busy with few seats in the small location. Character is the work here with Oklahoma being the theme. Great to sit at the counter for lunch and watch your burger being built. They are build right in front of you with everything fresh fresh fresh.

The wait ...It's worth it. The atmosphere is cordial and friendly.

The Fries order with the Burger is HUGE, share it.

Only open late morning to mid afternoon Monday thru Friday