“Fantastic place for breakfast”
Review of Nic's Grill

Nic's Grill
Ranked #1 of 1,647 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Peoria, Illinois
“Fantastic place for breakfast”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bring cash! This place is one of the best small diners I have ever been to. The atmosphere was incredible but I did not have any cash on me. Fortunately, two amazing people picked up my tab. I think this just goes to show you what type of place this is. Highly recommended!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Giro S

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Burger”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nic's is open for Breakfast and Lunch, M-F, they close at 2pm., take cash. Also very small place, when I say small it's only a couple of steps to counter once in the front door. If you are planning on lunch go hungry and early as a line form around 11am.
Just a thought if in a wheelchair, I would order to go, place is to small, however, the food is just as good eating in or taking out!
Good atmosphere, good service, great food and must do at least once, but then you'll want to return! Good Times.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Donna M
Cary
“Have to stop here”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our second time to eat at Nic's. Very, Very, Very small place. Plan to stand in line for your burger. Only about 15 seats but well worth the wait. Don't plan on eating the rest of the day after this burger. Nic has that grill going with burgers, onions, peppers. Make sure you have everything on your burger and of course have the fresh cut fries.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Beth T
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Great Burger”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Best cheeseburger I've had in a long time. Wonderful service and will definitely come back when in the area.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank steveday21
OKC,Ok
“Nic's Experience!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Happened to be in Nic's neighborhood yesterday(Friday) around noon. I've heard about this establishment over the years but timing has never been right. For a restaurant to be open from 7:00 am- 2:00 pm, Monday-Friday is a bit out of the ordinary. At any rate the moon & stars must have aligned themselves perfectly because they were open & I was hungry! There were about a dozen people outside waiting, Nic has music piped outside and the smells emitting from the diner were incredible! It took about 20 minutes to get inside. I was greeted and asked what I wished to order. I went with the Hamburger Combo. I was immediately served my drink. Mind you now I'm still standing between the counter which has around 9 stools, and 8 other patrons eating behind me. I could tell most of the customers were repeats because there is a definite procedure when ordering and they seemed to comprehend it. Thank goodness I was behind a young lady who mentored me through the process. I am an expert at "Processes", Nic has the assembly line process down pat! It's amazing to watch everything being ordered, cooked & delivered properly with nothing being written down! It took another 5-10 minutes to be seated and 3-5 minutes to be served. It is a bit overwhelming to look at all that food! The hamburger probably is a half pounder! I had grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard and pickles. This thing was huge! Nic had cut it in half to make handling it easier. The burger was JUICY and not overcooked, full of FLAVOR. The beef appeared to be fresh ground. Possibly sirloin? From the juiciness I'd guess an 80/20 blend. The curly fries were freshly turned, you can see him preparing them while he's cooking. They were nice and crisp on the outside, yet the inside had plenty of fresh potato flavor! Back to the experience...you'll get to know the people on either side of you quickly! Salt, ketchup, napkins..what have you are being passed back and forth. When it's time to pay the bill please have cash! Interesting experience, but don't know if I'd go with more than a party of 2!

• Visited December 2012