“Bring cash”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Bring cash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I just heard about this place and so I decided to try it. It's hard to find good burgers in Oklahoma. I think that it's a huge gimmick that it's only open a couple hours a day and that it's not even bug enough to be considered a restaurant. But oh well i guess it's part of the experience. The line stinks and it's awkward to find a seat. But they do treat you very well, keep your glass full since you first walk in. The cook is right in front of you and he asks each person what they want on their burger. No one ever asked what temp I like but it was still a very tasty juicy burger. Hand made. The fries were made from real potatoes but I didn't care for them. They needed some salt and vinegar to doctor up the earthy taste. The price isn't too bad considering the amount of meat you get and how delicious it is. I recommend this place for sure. They do not take credit cards which is silly but ymthey don't mind if you eat and then stop at ATM and bring the money back. So that makes up for not taking cards.

Cumming, Georgia
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great Burgers, bring cash!! Nic was very nice, only can fit 17 people inside but well worth the wait. Cheeseburger was great with grilled onion and spicy jalapenos. All for $8 with a drink and fries!! Only open from
7am - 2 pm.

1 Thank Bob34877
“You have got to try these burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We use trip advisor to find the off the beaten path places to eat and Nic's is a perfect example of why! Best burgers by far that we have had in a long long time. Yes we had to wait the standard 20 minutes but got to visit with some really nice locals. Once inside it was cool to watch as Nic specially cooks each individual order. No mass throw the beef on the grill here. Every burger is custom! We live 7 hours away but would make a road trip to eat here again.

Denton, Texas
“A Must Visit! Can't recommend enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had to wait about 35 minutes in the hot OKC sun for one of about 20 seats in this tiny restaurant. It was well worth the wait! A massive burger with a huge amount of delicious curly fries! The burger meat is fresh, cooked perfectly, and so juicy! Nic cooked our burgers in front of us, and although busy, chatted with us and seemed to really appreciate that we were in his restaurant. Locals and tourists alike were enjoying lunches at Nic's. I asked for the onions on the side, extra well done, and they were great- even had a few yummy mushrooms mixed in. I had to ask the teenage son to help with my massive burger, which he happily did. Drink, burger and fries were around $7.50. Next time we're in OKC, you'll find us at Nic's!

• Visited June 2012
Texas
“OKC DDD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My daughter attends OCU, so whenever I'm visiting her during the week I make a stop at Nic's. This places features a great onion hamburger, and Chicken fried steak. I always arrive between 10:45 - and 11:00 to avoid a wait. This place is a local favorite and is only open for breakfast and lunch M-F. Of all the places in Oklahoma that DDD has visited this is my favorite.

• Visited May 2012