“As good as it gets!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Nics is just plain tremendous. Best burger you will ever have and it's cooked personally for you right in front of you by Nic himself. Only problem is its so good its VERY busy. Go early or late (only open 7am to 2 pm) but its well wortth the slight hassle.

1  Thank okatty

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I don't see how you could find a better burger anywhere!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

I went to Nic's after reading the reviews on TA- I was in Oklahoma on business and had some time for lunch before I had to head to the airport. I decided to check out Nic's, and I'm so glad I did. Like others have said, there is a wait, but it was only about 5 minutes before I was inside seated at one of the 8 or so barstools at the counter. I ordered the cheeseburger special, and it was delicious. Nic was there himself cooking the burgers- even though he was busy cooking, he'd still stop to chat with the customers, both the regulars and the newbies. The other customers were also very friendly, and were happy to help this tourist on how and what to order, as well as some of the history of Nic's. The homemade burgers are HUGE- I'm not sure exactly how big, but I'd say they're at least half a pound. They come with grilled onions and your choice of toppings- cheese, mushrooms, jalepenos, and the standard lettuce, tomato, mayo or mustard, ketchup. The special comes with a drink (free refills) and fries for about $8. They also have the "low carb" option that my neighbor, a long time regular ate, which serves the burger bunless and with veggies instead of fries. The fries are homemade curly fries, and you get a huge serving. I had to give up on my bun and couldn't make it through half the fries, but this was by far the best burger I've ever had. It was juicy, well cooked, and had a great flavor. The onions and cheese made it even better. Well worth the wait. If I'm ever back in OK City, I'll be back. Thanks Nic!!

1  Thank April1214
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stopped by Nic's bc we happened to be in Oklahoma City and remembered it from the TV show. It is very tiny and the seating is very limited (8 at the counter, 4 at small tables), but just wait a bit, you will not be disappointed. We were able to get a seat at the counter, and it was great bc it was pretty hot outside and the ac was cranking. Even with how busy and crowded it is, you are still given individual attention. Pay attention so when it's your turn to order, you don't keep others waiting. :) The burgers we had were HUGE! My daughter and I split the fries, and we should have split the burger. Very tasty burger, get it with everything, the onions add to the flavor. Get extra napkins because the burgers are juicy. There is barely enough room to turn around, but you will not even notice that once you start eating. Nic and Devon are super nice and genuinely care about their customers. If you have the chance to stop here you should. Thanks to Diners, Drive-ins and Dives for putting this place on tv, otherwise non-locals would never be able to find it.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

It's very tiny. I think it seats around 15 people so you WILL stand in line to get in (trust me, it's worth the wait). Try to get there around 10 am for an early lunch. The hamburgers are all somewhere between fantastic and super fantastic and the frys are great.. You can try to eat it with your hands but you'll end up using a fork. Under $10.00. See the pic for how delicious it looks. I had to go eat there because I saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on TV.

1  Thank BW1947