“Not so great”

Edmond, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so great”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went for dinner at 5 PM on a Saturday night. We were told that we would receive bread when it comes out of the oven, it never did. We asked for lemons for our drinks when we ordered, they were delivered without. When we asked about them, he replied I'll be right back with them. They must still be on the plate with the bread.

The food was served in a reasonable time, however the lasagna looked like it had been dumped in a bowl, and was a bit mushy. We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert, it was described as "too much for two people", so "we serve it in a to go box". The box part was at least true. The cake was not that large and was rather dry. When the server was clearing our plates before he delivered the cake, I asked him to leave the bread plates as we would use them to split the dessert. He replied that he always brings clean ones. I reminded him that we had not receive bread, so these were clean. He took them anyway. THEN, when he brought the cake, no plates. He also brought two spoons. I have not eaten cake with a spoon since I was 2 years old. Our drinks, iced tea and water, were empty and not refilled when the cake was served.

We normally try to support the local merchants, however Olive Garden hammers these guys.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Don J

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food Sucks”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I ordered the mussels for an appetizer the tasted like dirty. My Caesar salad was awful the dressing was watery and lacked flavor. The cheese on the salad was old and hard. The entree I ordered was a joke at best the veal was awful. The marinara had no real flavor and tasted like tomato paste. I really wanted dessert, but was scared they would screw that up too so we left. The service was slow and our drinks sat empty. I will never go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank coxmomma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Italian Favorite”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A little pricy for Italian food, but their recipes are very tasty, so we keep coming back. Well worth giving this place a try. Not a chain and the recipes are very tasty. Cozy enough for date night.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank OKCArtist
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never eat here again.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We planned on going out for a nice dinner with family. We had plans later, so we were to the restaurant shortly after 5:00. We had drinks and appetizers and waited a while for someone to take our dinner order. After a lengthy wait, our order was finally taken. They were out of several things on the menu, including salmon and, unbelievable for a Italian restaurant, spaghetti. Our food ordered, we had pleasant conversation, and wine, which they also ran out of, so we had to find another kind we liked. After two hours, and noticing the diners around us eating their meals and leaving, I asked when we would get our salads. We were told their normal chef was out, but they were working our our salads. I wanted to ask how the substitute chef managed to get at least 30 or so other meals out, but not our salads, but held my tongue. When we finally were served, after three hours, the owner came out and apologized and said "You're not eating at McDonalds". By this point I was so angry I couldn't eat. I didn't want to ruin the meal for everyone, so I waited until after everyone had left, and I approached the manager and told him If he ever apologizes to anyone else, Not to say, "I'm sorry, but we're not McDonalds." again because it was more like a slap in the face than a real apology. He said he thought the comment was funny. Will never be back to this place again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laura S
“Best Italian in Oklahoma”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious. The Chef comes out and meets the guests and explains some of the dishes. No other Italian restaurant comes close. One of the best restaurant experiences ever. Highly recommend

3 Thank Rboze