“1st timers”
Review of Hideaway Pizza

Hideaway Pizza
Ranked #44 of 1,733 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: With 26 Specialty Pies, an extensive Build-Your-Own-Pizza menu PLUS great Pasta, Craft Beer, and Desserts it is no surprise that Hideaway Pizza has been a family tradition since 1957!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We are visiting our daughters family in Edmond , Oklahoma. They just moved here so we just Looked on Trip Advisor for a pizza place because the kids will always eat that. Tried Hideway closest to Edmond... to "test the waters" they ordered what they always would from home. And then we got a small Sicilian, it was a house favorite Everything was good and the little kids got pasta which they enjoyed. The crust was very flavorful. We all agreed that the Sicilian would have been better if it had been cooked a little longer, it may have gotten to the table a little warmer. it's not like we haven't eaten cold pizza. but never in a restaurant!!! We will try it again. looking forward to trying another pizza place soon!,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

ok ok ok

Hideaway Pizza is ok. If I could give it 2.5 stars I would.

There is a huge opportunity for Hideaway to excel. I have visited on a number of occasions and my last visit was typical. One pizza was hot - you guessed it - the other was not - there was not even "hint o heat" and it was floating on a thin layer of oil. Now admittedly, I did order the garlic oil vs. the sauce - but Hideaway needs to control the cook staffs heavy handedness with the oil. The crust could have been used as an emergency light source. The manager took control and remade the pizza himself, I asked that they hold the garlic/oil concoction in favor of olive oil. The result as a wonderful, hot but still very oily pizza and lacking salt. The kitchen should add a small amount of salt when the pizza does not have their "secret" red sauce.

Next time I will try: fresh tomato, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese - I bet this will be a "fresh" winning combo.

Hideaway has nailed down all the ingredients for a good pizza experience - with a more consistent kitchen and an eye on creativity - perhaps even great.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family loves Hideaway. It is an Oklahoma institution for many many years. Still serves some of the best pizza you will ever find. They have great appetizers also. Just a great place. The ATW is just awesome.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Love their pizza! The Big Country is awesome! My husband , son & I eat there often and usually order a medium! Trust me-they can eat a bunch of pizza and the medium is plenty for the three of us!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Okay, it's a bit more expensive than the other places, but it is more than worth it! We drop by with some frequency. Great place for a crowd!