“I always come here first night when in town!!”

Chelinos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 1,733 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I grew up in OKC and this is the place I come for outstanding Mexican food; usually
the first night & the last night in town! No disappointment this night going with brother.
Wonderful margarita and Chelino's dinner. They serve wonderful queso and salsa with home made chips to start everything out right. Good service, great food. They have an outdoor space which now they've enclosed which will be nice in warmer weather (they have windows to open out there and enclosure will make for less street noise).
My brother always gets a sopapilla (too fattening) but they look awesome and he downed it. We both brought food 'home' and for me 'to the hotel.'

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 4 adults and one toddler. Service was excellent. Chips and salsa immediately brought to table. Icy goblets of beer served with ice on rim. Food arrived timely and hot. Delicious meal. This is a annual must when in town!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellent lunch. Great food and staff. Tacos were crisp and tasty. Sauce nice and spicy. Chips were fresh warm and crispy.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

As our party walked into the restaurant, I asked one of the staff if they served Tex-Mex or authentic Mexican food. "It depends on what you order," he said. "We have both."

They really do have both! The enchiladas with chili con carne are Tex-Mex and their puerco lindo, chile rellenos, and fajitas are unmistakably authentic.

They served warm tostadas, hot sauce--which was very good but not very spicy--and queso dip. Be careful not to overdo the chips or you won't be able to finish your meal! The service was very good and we were never for want of anything.

I ordered their #35 which came with an enchilada, chile relleno, chicken quesadilla, and rice and beans.

The chile relleno was a bit of a disappointment in that it had scant cheese inside. It looked flattened and pathetic with the sauce barely masking its pitifully emaciated offering. The taste was good but the skin of the relleno was a bit tough so I had to use a knife to cut it. The enchilada was very good. The chicken quesadilla was more like a flour chicken taco than a true quesadilla which I'm accustomed to having it served grilled instead of toasted.

The others ordered the #30 which they found truly tasty. It had a carne asada taco, quesadilla, chicken enchilada, guacamole, rice and beans. We both liked their rice and beans. The rice was fluffy and tasted as good as any you'd find in quality Mexican restaurants.

They serve generous portions, so generous that two women had to split one order and they had some left over to take home.

It being our first visit there we all agreed we'd return and try some of their other dishes the next time we're in Oklahoma City.

Later today we're going to Pioneer Pies which has consistently had great pies throughout the years! I'll let you know how they are today in my next review, as I haven't been there on over ten years!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Service at Chelinos was friendly and fast. We were immediately served chips with fresh salsa and salsa queso, each guest had their individual salsa's (no worries about double dipping). We had the Chelino's sampler platter, if you have a relatively small appetite it is more than enough for two. Dessert was sopapillas and they too were fresh and delicious. Excellent meal!

1  Thank Journalingrox