“Good atmosphere with average food.”
Review of Coach's Bricktown - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Coach's Bricktown
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The view of the ballpark is awesome. The service was good the night we ate however everything else is just average. They were out of one of their house brewed beers that they had listed which was a little disappointing.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ate here with friends while in town for the triathlon upon the advice of the parking lot attendant across the street. Enjoyed the outdoor seating with view of ballpark. The food was delicious and well priced. Our service was good as well (though we were not in a hurry....)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Coach's, 1st time when there was not a RedHawks game. The food is good for the price ($7-12 a plate) with a good selection, however there was 6 or 7 tables in the entire restaurant and it took 30 minutes to get our food, and as the server brought it out she almost dropped the entire tray, instead dropping 1 of the plates of food. We then had to wait another 15 minutes for it to be brought out without any compensation. While waiting for the food, we noticed all of our food was cold, mentioned it and she shook her head and said oh, I'm sorry, do you want ketchup or anything? and walked off!! Won't be returning! On a better note, EXCELLENT VIEW OF THE STADIUM!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I normally eat here when in OKC when there's a ball game. On this particular Sunday early evening, the service wasn't as good as usual-either understaffed or just not too attentive. Food is consistently good (BBQ, ribs, meatloaf) are favorites and the beer is cold with a decent selection of drafts but if you're a real beer lover, visit Tapwerks just down the street. Great place to watch the game/eat dinner in the air conditioning to beat the Oklahoma summer heat.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked this venue for my high school class' 10-year reunion.

Out of all the venues in Bricktown, this is the only one that didn't have the minimum and outrageous deposit and restrictions that all other venues had.
For a $60.00 nonrefundable deposit, we had their banquet room (which has a pool table and TV) that, like the rest of the restaurant, had an awesome view of the baseball ballpark.
Everyone ordered off the menu and we had a swell time with an AWESOME waitress who kept all of our many tabs accurate!
There was not only a baseball game that evening, but also our OKC Thunder were hosting the NBA playoffs that evening as well. It was very crowded but thank goodness I reserved the room months ahead of time.

Here's the bad...
I filled out an agreement for the room and chose to have everyone order off the menu and keep a separate tab, and emailed that to the manager. I was later told that since we would have over 20 people, and since it was (base-)ball game day, that we would have to purchase from one of their buffet options. This was okay because they gave me the total per person with all taxes and gratuities, so that I could charge my fellow alumni ahead of time.
When we got to Coach's that evening, my fellow alumni were confused as the waitress gave out menu's. I told them not to order anything because we had a buffet...the waitress knew nothing about this so immediately and graciously got the manager (who I had been in contact with).
I also had my iPhone with a copy of all the emails I had with the manager over the past months that verified our buffet order.
Apparently he was confused and forgot that he told me we had to have a buffet and he stated that there was nothing he could do because they were so busy (due to the games) and that he could in no way get a buffet prepared (even though we had agreed...via email). I suggested that we get to order off the menu but not be charged more than what was agreed from the "buffet" price. He agreed to that.
What irritates me about that situation is that HE (the manager & representative of the venue) did not even come up with that very very simple solution.

It all turned out fine and we had a great time - but it could have easily ended bad.
I understand that sometimes mistakes happen, but do try to please your customer...we spent almost $1,000.00 there that evening (maybe more due to all the alcohol bills) and they could have very easily lost that business to us going back to our hotel for celebrations vs. staying at a place that was not prepared for us.