“Cheever me timbers that was good!”
Review of Cheever's Cafe

Cheever's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheever's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,641 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 23rd
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheever me timbers that was good!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our t-bone steak was cooked as requested and was a good cut with just the right amount of fat. Nice charbroil taste. The cafeteria area wasnt to noisy and the patrons seemed to be mostly adult. Sevice was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kai M

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Hummus to die for!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I finally went here after so many people told me to go. I went a little late on a Sunday (they close for brunch at 2:30?) they were all still very pleasant. I sat at the bar and the bartender was so nice and helpful. The hummus is a must have!!!! So good I almost wanted to ask if I could buy a quart to go. I also got the pork belly sandwich which was very good. I'm mad it took me almost two years to finally go here. I love it!

Clovis, California, United States
“Honestly... One of the best restaurants in OKC.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First of all this restaurant is located in Uptown OKC outside of the more frequented areas of the city. I promise you it is worth the little extra effort to find this place. The service was excellent and the food amazing. The building (a converted flower shop) and the menu have genuine character.Upon the recommendation of the waiter I had the chicken fried steak in jalapeno gravy and the roasted pecan ice cream ball for desert. I honestly felt given the quality, proportions, and service we received at Cheever's the meal was under-priced. Our overall experience was significantly better here that at the restaurant we had dined at the night before in "Bricktown" and was 1/3 the price. Reservations are recommended as this place is a favorite among locals.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Definitely Delicious”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We got here before they stopped serving lunch and lunch prices were very reasonable. Our server was friendly and helpful. I had the tilapia special and it was quite delicious. There was more food than I could finish! My dad had the burger and he said it was a perfectly seasoned burger. We split the carrot cake between the four of us because it was massive! The restaurant is small and quaint. I liked the atmosphere and will definitely be bringing my boyfriend here on a date :)

1 Thank HopeGracePeace
Dublin, Ireland
“Worth a try”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Slightly off the beaten track, best to make a reservation as its a quite rightly a popular place.
Nice varied menu, plenty of options from steak to seafood served in a cosmopolitan atmosphere.