“You can always count on Ted's”

Ted's Cafe Escondido
Ranked #5 of 1,633 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving friend and family a delicious meal in your home is deeply embedded in Mexican culture. With that in mind, Ted Curtis, our founder, set out to create a welcoming restaurant inspired by that experience. We are rooted in serving the best Mexican food, made from the freshest premium-quality ingredients, served with unsurpassed hospitality. Since the first Ted's Café Escondido restaurant opened in 1991, we have stayed true to these founding principles, without compromise. At Ted's, you are not just a customer, but our guest. We strive to make each of our guests feel welcome and special. We are passionate about continuing to prepare our fresh delicious food daily, by hand. We are dedicated to serving you with humility and heart. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on each and every visit!
Weatherford, Oklahoma
“You can always count on Ted's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our whole family likes Ted's, so it's a great place to meet for a meal. The only problem with this arrangement is that you will usually have to wait for a table, and it is going to be crowded inside. Our table for 8 left one person in the aisle and all of us crowded around a table that should have seated 6 comfortably. But that is the price to pay to eat at a very popular place. The service was great, and attentive. For those visiting for the first time, here are some tips: You can order flour and/or corn tortillas delivered to your table before your food arrives. The dessert bread is included with your meal. I really like the spicy pickled vegetables that you can get. If you don't like the beans and rice, you can order ala carte. We really like the faquita chicken and steak meat served in an enchilada.

• Visited January 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you like Mexican food you can't go wrong here. Only two problems, it's reputation has grown so much it's hard to get in but worth the wait. The second is it has lost some of it embance.

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Lived up to the reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived, the manager asked if I had been before. When I told him I was in town for business, and was visiting based on reviews I's read, he seated me quickly and brought me some complimentary Mexican Tacos with yummy seasoning and guacamole. The great service continued with my server. As good as the service was, the food was fresh, hot, and very tasty; not the typical generic Mexican. Great meal! I will return next time I'm in town and would highly recommend it to anyone for casual and fresh Mexican!

Midwest City, Oklahoma
“AAAAAAAAALWAYS awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place and the rest of the locations are so exceptional! They are always consistent, quick, accurate, friendly and not to mention the food, great!!! They have by far the best Mexican I've ever had. Chuy's gives it a heck of a run for it's money, but they aren't as personal and caring as Ted's is. The ONLY thing that sucks, is the wait time. There is always a wait it seems which is a bummer, up to 2 hours sometimes. They should expand for the amount of business they pull in. I recommend this place to all my friends families, everybody. If you haven't eaten there, you need to get off this computer and go enjoy yourself...NOW!

• Visited March 2012
Kansas
“Best Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

First time here and definitely won't be our last. The food was amazing! We filled up on tortillas and queso, but still enjoyed our meal. I can't recommend this place enough.

Visited January 2013