“Great BBQ”

Leo's Bar-B-Q The Original
Ranked #61 of 1,711 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Saw this on Triple D-Diners Drive-Ins and Dives- and suggested to my OK City family I wanted to visit-Brother was already a huge fan-goes there for his birthday every year in March and thought a second visit in Oct, was a great idea. The four of each ordered something different-all DELICIOUS, ribs probably the favorite. Family owned and friendly-old gas station local with nothing fancy,just good food-and you get a slice of their now famous strawberry banana cake with each order-YUM. Go early,they get busy.Knowing it's a Triple D pick,I'm giving it an excellent for atmosphere because it is a fun dive -It's all about the great food.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Make it a point to visit Leo's BBQ.
It is a family run authentic BBQ JOINT.
The staff and family are inviting and ribs are ROCK.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We love to try new barbecue places (new to us, that is) when on the road, and Leo's sounded like just our type of place.
It's in an old gas station on a corner, an informal setting. The people greet you as you walk in the door and were quite welcoming. In addition to the customary variety of barbecue selections, they offer a bar with complementary pickles and cucumber relish. The latter was some of the best I've ever had, marinated just right. I ate quite a bit of that.
There's some background music, but the real symphony here is the sound of the knife chopping through the brisket as orders are placed.
I had the hot links. They weren't the hottest I've ever had, but were good. The barbecue sauce accented them well. For sides I had slaw and beans, both were good.
My husband had the small barbecue platter and enjoyed every bit of it. Although it was the small size he had plenty to eat.
And no one goes away hungry with the lagniappe at this place — a cake topped with strawberries and bananas. It provided a sweet ending to a spicy meal.
Forget the chain barbecue places with their slick, prefab environments. Do yourself a favor and swing by Leo's for some real classic barbecue.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Haven't been to Leo's since I lived in OKC in the 1990's. Had the Leo's Special today with ribs, hot links, brocket and bologna.Other than the brisket which I thought was unremarkable the rest of the meal was great. The meats were great with a great chew. The sides of beans and potato salad were very good and the cake fantastic. The price was reasonable and I didn't finish my whole meal. Our server was friendly. Great meal good price.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Located in an old gas station in the murder intersection of the east side. If you make you're decisions based on fear... don't go. If you love BBQ that is a little different than any BBQ you have ever had, GO! You will eat so much you won't want BBQ for a month.

1  Thank G p