“Awesome place”

Ranked #18 of 1,660 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: OKC's Tastiest Hangout! The Mule is a mix of 2 wonderful things.. Quality drinks, and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches! We LOVE OKC!!
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Very cool atmosphere , very good food. I had the Big A** Grilled Cheese. The fries have cinnamon on them which I've never had before, totally amazing. The drinks come in collectible cups that you can take home with you. The town around this restaurant is a very neat college town. I recommend this place for sure.

There are newer reviews for The Mule

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have only been once. I had the macaroni pony and haven't stopped thinking about!! All I can say is go eat at this restaurant. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank christine_lowrie
Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you've never had poutine (google it), you must try it at The Mule. I haven't tried authentic Canadian poutines, but this was the best I've tried. If you like beets, goat cheese, arugula and peanut brittle, I would recommend the beet salad. The peanut brittle acts as a crouton in this salad, but the pieces are kind of big so be careful not to chip a tooth. My hubs had the big a$$ grilled cheese with bacon (who doesn't like bacon on a grilled cheese, I mean, come on! It's bacon!). This was a great combo! I also recommend the Grand Lake Monte Cristo. Grilled pb and j floating in salted caramel ice cream? I'll take 2 please! Try this place, you will love it!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Sandwich options are not what you would normally find at a deli and the atmosphere reminded me of a college hangout, but the food was quite tasty and the French fries are spiced to be very delicious! The BBQ sandwich with mac and cheese, Macaroni Pony, was quite popular.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The title says it's worth the wait, which can be a bit long at times (Saturday at lunch, for example) but personally I've never waited more than a couple minutes to be seated. Just lucky, I guess. All of their sandwiches take time to make but are definitely good-to-go when you get them. The Fancy Pants, for example, matches ingredients you wouldn't normally see in a regular sandwich shop, and makes them really mesh well. Seriously, the best sandwiches - they call them sandies at The Mule - in Oklahoma.