“Recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Even though I live here I just spent a week at this hotel staying with my mom when she came to town. While I agree with the other reviewers concerning the poor housekeeping I think the rest of our stay far outweighed that issue.
Being a still new hotel it is decorated with the newest colors and appearances.

I have to say I absolutely loved the bed. Normally when staying in a hotel I will wake in the mornings with aches and pains. Not once did I awake hurting while staying there. If I could I would have brought it home with me.

The refrigerator we had worked great and kept things nice and cold. The only drawback with the room was I would have liked brighter lights in the bathrooms but that is personal preference.

My mom visited the breakfast area a couple of times. She was pleased they had hot food at well as the regular breakfast staples.

As I said the housekeeping issues need to be fixed or they could ruin a nice hotel. We stayed in our room one day while not once did the housekeeping knock on our door or try to enter. They had no idea if we were there or not.

We had no problems with the front desk as they were always friendly and helpful. The location was great with easy on and off for I 35.
Outside was brightly lit and even amongst the truck stops and other hotels it was a fairly quiet area.

This is the hotel I am now suggesting to anyone wanting a good place to stay at a decent price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cynvan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a brand new hotel, and its night staff needs training. LaShonda , who checked us in, at first tried to give me two rooms, although I only had a reservation for one room. She kept saying that the room we had been assigned was "not ready" so I asked what that meant and was told it had not been cleaned. The hotel had very few guests, so I could not fathom why a room would have been not cleaned, but took the newly assigned room. It was right across from the elevator, even though I specifically asked NOT to be there, but by this time I was tired and figured there weren't many people there so it would be quiet enough. It was NOT a clean room, there was dirt and hair everywhere. AND when I went to bolt the door around midnight , the door opened in front of me and there stood a man with a suitcase who had obviously been checked into the same room! We scared each other for a moment and then he very nicely headed back to the desk for another room. The breakfast was not up to HIX standards either as it was very small and the eggs were dry. I would have expected this room to be comped after my midnight intruder, but it was supposed to already be complimentary. They got that wrong, too, but thanks to Jordan and Erin this mix up was resolved. I was not a happy camper to have wasted my free night on this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Babschambers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Babschambers,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the customer service provided by our staff, cleanliness and the food selction which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is approximately only a few months old, located between 2 truck stops and close to Cracker Barrel, Sonic and McDonalds. Just a short walk to Frontier City Amusement Park. Very quiet considering how close to truck stops.

The front desk staff needs some help with knowing where restaurants and other attrations are located, only could really tell us about the 4 restaurants that were close. Some of them seemed like they just did not really want to help or perhaps did not know the answers.

Breakfast was good with pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs and cereal, but was late on Sunday, when several of the younger kids had to be at the soccer field - no pancakes or sausage and waited for over 1/2 hour and asked several times if they could eat breakfast.

The rooms were clean, but when they took our towels, they forgot to leave more for us. Had to go chase down the housekeeping staff for more towels. The coffee pot was missing and asked if we could get one and was told that they did not have any more. Our refrigerator was not cold, in fact in the middle of the night I walked across the floor and stepped in water, it was defrosting. Asked the next day if someone could move refrigerator and clean up water behind and underneath and was told that they did not have anyone to do that and no service person on property to check why it was not working properly. Television's sound was very poor and had to be turned up to 50 to hear while laying on bed. Was told that a service person would be there the next day or on Monday - no help to us or we could change rooms with only about 12 hours stay left. It also seemed that we could not get the a/c regulated. If we turned down to 73 we froze and if we turned up to 75 we suffocated.

This hotel is located right off of I-35 and was conveniently located for what we needed. Their pool and workout room were very nice along with their lobby and eating area. All were very clean. Maybe if we are in the area again, we will give this hotel another try, as we seemed to be the only one in the group to have problems.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of hotel away from the truck stops.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank futbofam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear futbofam,

Krysllin G.
FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are all right but House Keeping does a very poor job of cleaning both the rooms and public areas . Elevators were dirty , corridor carpets & our room carpet were dirty , floors had stains on it. The hotel evidently does not know how to prepare for a full house- I asked for hair conditioner and was told the hotel had run out of it because they are /were running a full house!
Our room was 90 degrees when we checked in; the air conditioner was switched off.
Unfriendly staff. I cannot say I will ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear JYPA,

Ferdinand G
Ruston, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here 2 days while planning to attend the toby keith twister relief concert! From my experience staying at a holiday inn exoress is a hit or miss siuation but the price was good and we like that there is a decent breakfast and that it is a rather new hotel. entering our room it was pleasant and clean with updated features but in the bathroom the tile is coming away from the wall by the shower. other than that it good. we would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KathieMae1970
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear KathieMae,

Krysllin G.
KC, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The lobby is very aesthetically pleasing. The beds were a bit hard. The maids didn't quite get the bathtub completely clean in our bathroom (soap build-up in shower). The pool was nice. The floors in the elevator were very dirty but elsewhere were nice.

Room Tip: Call and talk to them, they might be able to help with special requests for room setups.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a family emergency caused us to take an unplanned trip, my family and I were driving through Oklahoma and needed a place to stay. This Holiday Inn Express looked good enough on paper, but reality was a little different.

First, as we were unloading, we noticed a bunch of 20-something year old guys drinking, smoking, and being loud by the front door. It was only approximately 6 pm at the time, so we figured they were getting ready to leave for somewhere and didn't worry about it.

We got the key to a room (we had reserved a 2 bed suite) and not only was there no "suite", but the room had clearly not been cleaned. Another guest's belongings, including their packed suitcase, was still in the room.

We went downstairs and the desk was friendly and promptly gave us another room. They gave us an "upgrade" which ended up being the room we had actually reserved and paid for originally. There was a fridge, work area, etc. It seemed to be clean, although there were places in the shower where graffiti had already been removed even though the hotel had only been opened for 2 months.. The walls were thin, though, and there were teenage kids running up an down them all night. Additionally, our room was directly above the front door.

This brings us back to the group of guys who were enjoying themselves at the entrance. It was 11 pm, the noise level was only going up, the language was rude, and the alcohol was clearly flowing. Finally, I called the front desk. They apologized and after about half an hour the party broke up.

The desk was apologetic and responsive when we had issues, but I feel that the complaints we had (being given a room that was occupied by another guest or at the very least had not been cleaned, being given a room smaller than what we had already paid for, an alcohol fueled party by the front door) should have been addressed before we complained.

In general, it was a very bad stay. We got very little sleep and couldn't get out fast enough the next morning. I will be staying far, far away in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ashton H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Sonya S,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Although we never like to hear that our guests had an unsatisfactory experience, we do appreciate the feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. I have addressed the issue with housekeeping, so that this is not a problem in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please let me know if I can be of service to you in the future.

Ashton Hauge