“Far exceeded my expections for a Courtyard--a very nice hotel”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Northern Virginia
“Far exceeded my expections for a Courtyard--a very nice hotel”
Reviewed March 3, 2005

The hotel appears to be relatively new. I loved the interior design of the hotel and the guest rooms. I usually don't place a lot of value on this type of thing, but I really liked the decor and design. The beds, pillows, and linens are fantastic. The location is within easy walking distance of Bricktown.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I believe a gentleman named Rex served me and he appeared to be in management. I like it when a manager steps up to the plate and directly serves people, not leaving it to just the staff. He was very helpful and placed me in a room facing the interior courtyard instead of the street due to the nearby train tracks. I stayed in OKC a month ago at the Renaissance and remember the late night trains through the city. You can't avoid them if you're downtown, but Rex accommodated me the best he could.

My only complaint about the staff was about a young lady named Vanida, or something like that. She was very nice, but when he apparently didn't hear something I said during our conversation, she responded by saying "Huuh?" instead of "pardon" or "excuse me". Didn't bother me too much but she definitely needs some lessons in manners and professional customer service.

Otherwise the service at the desk was very good. The restaurant staff was also friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet is very nice, and included a lot of fresh fruits like raspberries, strawberries, blue and blackberries.

Also, the food and beverage manager was outstanding. When I asked at the front desk about a certain restaurant in town, Rex wasn't aware of it but he said he would tell the F&B manager. Ten minutes later, the F&B manager was knocking on my door with website printouts with directions and info on the restaurant. Great service from the F&B manager.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I would highly recommend it and will stay when I return.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank VaTom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 14, 2005

This is a beautiful new hotel in downtown OKC. It is at a wonderful location next to bricktown and only three blocks from the Central Business District. Oklahoma City is definitely on the verge of showing us all what a wonderful big city she is!

My only complaint was with the staff. Everyone seems to be rather young and not very knowledgeable. In addition, there was no bellhop or at least they were not doing their job - I noticed them checking out and flirting with the BEAUTIFUL Asian front desk clerk as she checked me in instead of offering to assist an older hotel guest.

She initally offered me a nice room but it was full of musty smoke. I called her and came back down (for more reasons than just that) and she gave me a nice clean smoke free room.

I would encourage hotel management to review these posts about the staff. They are what is holding this wonderful hotel from becoming 4 stars/diamonds. Because otherwise, the property was very nice.

One more note, I found it rather interesting that on Sunday the hotel restaurant was closed much of the day. This is very amazing considering the hotel is in a major city downtown but I guess they do that to encourage us to go to Bricktown and other downtown eateries.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank rchilde
Lee's Summit, MO
Reviewed February 6, 2005

My fiance and I took a weekend getaway to OKC from KC and stayed at the Courtyard Downtown OKC. When I stepped into the hotel I could tell it was going to be nice. It was very modern and I loved that. Check in was easy, however I could tell the guy was new, but he was still friendly.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, however I requested a high floor...but the new front desk associate may have overlooked that. Our window was frosted because you could see in if you were on the roof (roof of the pool area.) The room was very cute and modern. I loved the decor, very nice. I love the free high speed internet (as with most Courtyards.)
I didn't like the fact that housekeeping came at 8:30 to clean our room, we were just waking up....Then we went out and about the town, came back around 4 and noticed our room wasn't made. About 10 minutes later housekeeping came to clean our room. We didn't plan on leaving for an hour or so, so we just had her give us new towels and that's it. The next day she was able to come in and clean it and it was wonderful.

I suggest this hotel to anyone. I love how it is walking distance to Bricktown restaurants and clubs. Even close to the movie theater.

7 Thank ndaewg
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 24, 2004

This is a really nice new hotel that is right in downtown, one block from bricktown, and across the street from the Cox center. You could not ask for a more convenient location. The rooms are especially nice, with extra little touches that set it apart from others in this price range. Nice accent lighting when you first enter, very comfortable bed with big thick comforter on top, extra pillows, ironing board w/iron, comfortable sized room, small balcony outside, etc. I especially like the free Ethernet Internet connection in the room, which normally is an extra $8-10/day. Parking costs $8/day in the covered garage next door. Service was friendly, but disorganized/lacking experience, which detracted from the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2005
5 Thank leskent
Midland, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2004

Was I ever surprised by this hotel! I think Courtyard properties are nice, but had never been "wowed" by one until now. This is an unusually beautiful hotel with very unique, modern decor. I wish my house looked this cool! Large bathrooms, free high-speed internet and the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept on. The location adjacent to Bricktown is a big plus for business travelers without a car. This is a superb place to stay.

5 Thank ingleberg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2004

The Courtyard Downtown OKC is a wonderful new hotel. Next to the Ford Centre and across the street from the convention centre the location of the hotel was a relief for conducting business downtown. The hotel had wonderful accomodations, including free internet access! and features a shopping market with many necessities for the business exec and tourist alike. Bricktown was only a block or so away with tons of restaurants, nightclubs, and a canal but the highlight of OKC for me was the Myriad Botanical Gardens, three blocks from the hotel. I can say that Oklahoma City is a fantastic city to visit and conduct business and I would highly recommend the Courtyard Downtown OKC as a great place to experience it all!

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2004

I thought that I was going to be staying at a low budget old hotel and
was pleasantly surprised and lucky to stay at the Courtyard Marriot.
The hotel is totally new and has a very cool art deco style that is
very guest friendly. There is a huge and comfortable area in the lobby
which can be used as a business center, complete with internet hook-ups
for people with computers. The rooms also have free of charge internet
connections and also have a very unique and comfortable style. The
service was excellent and it is very well-located right next to
Bricktown, a popular restaurant area. This should be a four star hotel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member