“Clean, Comfortable, Great Beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #34 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Clean, Comfortable, Great Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Every year for the OU/texas Amtrak train to Dallas we stay here because it is across the street from the Amtrak station. The breakfast is always good and with a room package we save money. I have my reservation already.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper levels. I like a room with a view of the train station.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
      Location
3 Thank Hans P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lindale, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

At check in the person who greeted me was not friendly. I had a package waiting for me and he called someone to bring it to me - but it was already on the counter waiting for me. I asked what room our meeting was in the next day - he didn't know. I came back later and found out. The next morning I went to the meeting room to set up and it was locked. I had to downstairs and get someone to open it. The room was not marked so our attendees could not find it. The refreshment service was poor as well. The room was nice but the rest of this stay was a bust!

• 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jpbrec
OKCHotelManager, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about our guest services. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and I understand how frustrated you must have been. Please accept our apologies. We will review all of your concerns and make immediate improvements to these processes to ensure a better experience.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here while traveling from Missouri home to Texas. They were do some minor renovations but overall it was a wonderful stay. Standing in the lobby looking up and around is just breathtaking. It's like a little slice of luxury in the heart of Oklahoma City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jel1234
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Under renovations in July 2014 but staff do a good job of ensuring service remains good. Friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. Don't bother with breakfast in the hotel - expensive, limited selection and inferior quality. Walk to the nearby IHOP instead. The real value of this hotel is it's proximity to the convention center, arena, the Bricktown restaurant district and the Myriad Botanical Gardens. Note that Oklahoma City is very spread out. If you don't have a car it will be costly for cabs to do almost anywhere.

Sleep Quality
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is located near the Bricktown tourist area (no stores, just a bunch of bars and touristy restaurants and night clubs), as well as just down the block from the stadium where the OKC Thunder NBA team plays and big concerts are held. I was in town for neither and, thank God, basketball season was over, and there was no concert.

I had read other reviews of the hotel and saw the complaints about street-level noise, so I requested a room on the top floor, the 8th floor, which I was given.

The next day, even though I was on the top floor, I felt my room vibrating and a noise as if there were an earthquake! It turns out they were remodeling part of the ground floor, and they were using jackhammers, and I could hear and feel it all the way up on the 8th floor!! This went on all day long, as well as for the next two days. Even just walking from the lobby elevator out the door was deafening! I can't understand why the hotel didn't just NOT book rooms during the construction period, because it was truly an inconvenience to the guests.

Even though there was little street traffic noise that I could hear from my top-floor room, the hotel is located right near commercial railroad tracks, and loud (and very long) freight trains go by, even overnight, and you can hear the wheels clattering and the whistle blowing. Unless you're into trains or Americana ("City of New Orleans"), it was annoying. Especially at 3:00 in the morning!

My room was quite nice, large, with windows on two sides. Great views (not that there's anything to have a view of). However, it was July, and the windows were not thermally treated. There was NO CENTRAL A/C with thermostat in the room, only one very noisy little window unit, which was insufficient to cool the room during the afternoon, even with it on full blast as cold as it would go, all day long.

And, by the way, the hotel's hallways are not air-conditioned and are stifling, which is not only uncomfortable, it likely puts a strain on the piddly little window-unit room air conditioner.

The room was clean, except there was a large, undefinable stain in the carpet near the entrance when I walked in. And when I came back to the room late one afternoon, I noticed that the maids had made the beds and replaced the towels, but they hadn't cleaned and replaced my coffee service (grounds and filter were even still in the dirty coffeemaker), including the dirty nearby towels I had used. Nor had they vacuumed the carpet. When I requested the front desk that this be done, it later was taken care of.

BTW, I was there on business and didn't take advantage of nearby Bricktown, except for a Starbucks down the street. If you need something (I'd forgotten to pack my earrings), there is no shopping nearby, not even a Wal-Mart or a 7-11 or drug store or mall.

Unlike in other hotels, there is no fridge or microwave in the room, unless you're in a suite, and there is no complimentary breakfast buffet. There IS a restaurant on the ground floor that serves a lavish breakfast buffet, but you must pay for it. They have a microwave in the lobby for guests. Icemakers are on every other floor, but the one closest to me (not on my floor) was out of order.

One other issue is that the hotel has a multi-story parking lot, but it's next door. There is no other hotel parking for guests, except the drive-up to the front door, which is valet only. (I HATE valet parking, in general. Much prefer to self-park.) They share usage of the parking lot with the stadium. My room came with free parking (I had a car). I realized that even though there was nothing going on at the stadium, there is no hotel guest parking on the first level, so I had to drive up the ramp to at least Level 2 (one night even farther up than that) and then take an elevator down. Even though there were tons of empty ground-floor spaces, they were all marked "Reserved" and were for valet or for other tenants. (That really irks me! It is the valets who should be inconvenienced, not the hotel guests!)

As a single woman, sometimes returning to the hotel late at night after a long day, I felt very unsafe driving around in the lot and going from the parking lot to the hotel, especially in this part of town (drunks, druggies, and homeless loitering around). Each time I went from the hotel to my car, I had a hotel security guard escort me. But, of course, coming back in to the hotel, I had to go outside-- there was no direct, enclosed walkway from the garage to the hotel-- and I felt unsafe. Also glad it wasn't raining!

Each time I reported to the front desk the numerous issues I had experienced during the course of my three-night stay, they were always very friendly, concerned, and accommodating and, in fact, by the last day, management had left a complimentary bottle of wine and a cheese plate in the room, along with a hand-written note of apology, as well as comping me for one night's stay.

Room Tip: Pick as high a floor as possible, because of noise. Also make sure they aren't undergoing const...
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Unlisted U
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott OKC Bricktown and providing an in depth review. We are currently renovating our public spaces and adding additional improved amenities. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lobby noise on the day that you stayed with us. We certainly understand how this negatively impacted your stay. I can assure you that this is not typical of the experience and service that we offer. Our mission is to provide all of our guests a comfortable and relaxing stay. Valet parking and self-parking are conveniently located adjacent to the hotel via a covered walkway for guest use. Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to see you again soon!
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was my first business trip to OKC and I was a little bit skeptical about my hotel options. I was pleasantly surprised by the downtown Courtyard Marriott. Great location downtown within walking distance of Bricktown, the basketball arena, restaurants, etc. Convenient self parking garage next door. I had a King room and thought it well set up for business travelers with a large desk, multiple outlets, etc. Room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely return for future business trips.

• 3 of 5 stars
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great stay with very helpful staff. Room was very clean. Only hiccup was having to wait 20+ minutes for the valet to retrieve the car. He profusely apologized and said the front desk never called him.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family