“A Rare "5"”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #40 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“A Rare "5"”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Dec. 29, 2013 Rarely do I reward a 5 because to give a 5 review symbolizes near perfection but the Courtyard By Marriot in Downtown OKC meets that standard! My husband and I decided (spur of the moment) to stay downtown for our 7th year anniversary. We booked through an outside company last minute and did not realize that a Thunder game was also happening the same evening. When we checked in the very courteous staff asked if we were staying for the game, I said no, our anniversary, and asked about our plans for the evening, in which we replied a dinner and movie. We were given a 2 queen room but they changed it to a king despite the full occupancy due to the game. They offered sincere congratulations and then "comped" our parking fee and gave us a breakfast voucher, wishing us a wonderful anniversary. On our return from our date, we entered our room to a bucket of chilled champagne and chocolates with a note saying, "Happy 7th Anniversary, from the staff...etc." Not only was the staff excellent but so was the room. All the appliances and utilities were in working order and clean, the carpet, linens, and bedding were clean, fluffy and comfortable. We didn't bring bathroom products but there were quality products supplied. The room located on the 2nd floor, was quiet as well as the halls and above floor. A great hotel and staff! We will be staying her in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annamac2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight for an Oklahoma Thunder game, the hotel was convenient to the arena and Bricktown. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel room was clean. My family of three was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location. And right next door to the thunder game. Good valet staff and walking distance to good restaurants. Movie theatre. Shows, and bars. Very nice rooms. Only problem I had. Coffee pot was not working. But they brought me another one promptly

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Next door to Chesapeake Arena. There for a Christmas concert and my wife's birthday. Most courteous staff of anywhere. From check in to valet to limo driver taking us to restaurant and coming back to pick us up, everyone was over the top courteous. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on top floor. Jr suite was roomy and nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent the Holiday weekend in OKC. Picked Courtyard due to proximity to Thunder arena and Bricktown. Great location. Wasn't that cheap of a hotel. Biggest issues was room service. First night they forgot part of our order. Second night they wouldn't allow us to order some items from menu since it was 20 minutes before close, then food took 50 minutes to arrive, and was bland when it got there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 23, 2013

stayed for only one night but loved the 5 pillows, free coffee and fast internet. for a hotel near the streets the vehicle noise were barely noticeable. the valet guy was particularly good!!!!! He helped us with our bags and even allowed my friend to leave her car parked as we switched vehicles!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel was referred to me by one of the staff at another Marriott in Bricktown. I was looking for a hotel closer to the airport. She said it was only a few years old and very nice. That it was! Checking in took a bit of time..only because on my preferences I put foam pillows and they were having some issues trying to find either a room with pillows or the pillows. Thought that was bit odd. Anyway, the room was very nice, clean, spacious. I went down and asked about a place to eat for dinner and was given several options. The hotel was just minutes away from the car rental place and airport which allowed me a leisurely morning to get up and head out. Once again, the breakfast is processed, microwaved food. This is something I wish Marriott would work on...get fresh foods for breakfast. Maybe have an omelet station where a real person is cooking real eggs? :) Some of the Marriott's have them but, not as many as they should, I think. Only drawback was the public computer. It was offline most of the time. Staff told me that "they" were doing an update of the system and having problems with it. Other then that, I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo