“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We were in a suite, but I thought it was just an average sized room with a couch crammed in and a small refrigerator. Bugs (not bedbugs) were in the room and staff came and sprayed. Pool was her small and so was the dining area. Breakfast was good in the morning. Halls were musty smelling and the room did not cool down well. Will try a different hotel next time in Oklahoma City.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Amsterdam, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed one night while in OKC for a minor league baseball game. The Bricktown hotels were way out of my price range, so I decided on a much more reasonable option in this Comfort Suites. There were no real problems with the hotel, but it just wasn't what I expected. I've stayed at many Comfort Suites over the years, and this one isn't typical of the chain. Everything is just smaller. The lobby and breakfast areas are usually pretty big at a CS but here, those are small. More importantly, the room is closer in size (if not identical to) a non-suite hotel room. Definitely not your typical CS-sized room or layout. The biggest complaint we had was that the pull out sofa, which we needed for my daughter, is snug right up against the heat/ac unit. This presented some problems. First, when the office delivered sheets and a blanket (which they did not offer to put on, unfortunately), it was nearly impossible to get it on with no room to get easily to 3 of the 4 corners. In the process, we discovered that the sofa bed was not put together properly - one of the sides of the frame was not connected and would fall through. And finally once the sofa bed was put together and the sheets were on, the AC was blowing right onto that bed making it too cold, even as the rest of the room remained uncomfortably warm. If this room was not billed as a suite, I'd have less of a complaint. Just beware that you should not expect a typical CS-style and size room at this hotel. Otherwise, we were reasonably comfortable, had no problems with the wireless Internet, and enjoyed a tasty breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a horrible experience trying another hotel in El Reno we came here and it was right after the tornado so we were lucky to get the 5 rooms we needed for our team. The pools is small (and cold I guess, I didn't go in) but the room was nice sized (we had 3 queens in our room) and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have a nice breakfast in the morning with waffles, eggs, sausage and your other standard continental fare. The price was very reasonable and the location was convenient. I would stay again. We did make a point to tell the front desk our room smelled like smoke (Im sure it was previously a smoking room back when they had them in hotels) because we did not want to be charged for it. But they said they knew and we would not have to worry.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank huskyfan1971
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a hail storm and listening to our weather radio constantly give us tornado warnings, we pulled off the highway. The local radio station spoke of the devastating tornado that was taking place about 5-6 miles from our location. We started to get back on the highway and thought better of it. We spotted this Comfort Suites and they had a ground floor room available. The clerk was pleasant and helpful. She did tell us that even though we had a ground floor room with an outside entrance that we would have to enter through the room door on the inside. (Which could have been a problem had we not remembered it when we went out to eat.) The bathroom could use a bit of caulk around the tub..but my wife has informed me the shower head is good. It's an older Comfort Suite however to tell the truth, considering what many of the residents of nearby Moore are going through, I'd say we are blessed to be here this evening!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Be very careful if you stay at this hotel. Be sure to check your bill before you leave and get it resolved PRIOR to departure. The manager finally called me three days after we checked out and their story has changed so many times about the miscellaneous charges; I don't know who is lying and who is telling the truth! Bottom line is, we followed all the rules, tried to do the right thing and got ripped off at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay unless you have extra money to give away.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I checked the reviews for this location before booking, and saw 47 good reviews to 4 bad. However, upon arriving, it was an old hotel, our room felt old and not up-to-date. Noisy neighbors up until midnight. Not enough chairs in the breakfast "nook." Used to much better appearances from Choice Hotels. Was bummed it was a non-refundable rate or else I would have gone somewhere else for my 3-night stay. For the $79 rate I got, I wish I had stayed across the street at a newer hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Fairfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

After travelling on a motorcycle (trike) for 9 hours, I needed a room for the night. Having stayed in a Comfort Inn in New Mexico, I figured this was a good place to go. When I walked in, I was immediately hit with an overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool. I don't think the pool area is well ventilated. I was able to get a room for the night.

The room was clean. The area near my room was a little noisy at times, but overall quiet. No chlorine smell once I reached the room. However, the air conditioner smells weird. The temp was comfortable, so I just turned the a/c off.

The room was fairly bare. Not much decoration, bare walls, dated lamps. Definitely needs a makeover.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be away from elevators and vending/ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo