“Port in a Storm”

Comfort Suites Fairgrounds West
Ranked #57 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a hail storm and listening to our weather radio constantly give us tornado warnings, we pulled off the highway. The local radio station spoke of the devastating tornado that was taking place about 5-6 miles from our location. We started to get back on the highway and thought better of it. We spotted this Comfort Suites and they had a ground floor room available. The clerk was pleasant and helpful. She did tell us that even though we had a ground floor room with an outside entrance that we would have to enter through the room door on the inside. (Which could have been a problem had we not remembered it when we went out to eat.) The bathroom could use a bit of caulk around the tub..but my wife has informed me the shower head is good. It's an older Comfort Suite however to tell the truth, considering what many of the residents of nearby Moore are going through, I'd say we are blessed to be here this evening!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Be very careful if you stay at this hotel. Be sure to check your bill before you leave and get it resolved PRIOR to departure. The manager finally called me three days after we checked out and their story has changed so many times about the miscellaneous charges; I don't know who is lying and who is telling the truth! Bottom line is, we followed all the rules, tried to do the right thing and got ripped off at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay unless you have extra money to give away.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I checked the reviews for this location before booking, and saw 47 good reviews to 4 bad. However, upon arriving, it was an old hotel, our room felt old and not up-to-date. Noisy neighbors up until midnight. Not enough chairs in the breakfast "nook." Used to much better appearances from Choice Hotels. Was bummed it was a non-refundable rate or else I would have gone somewhere else for my 3-night stay. For the $79 rate I got, I wish I had stayed across the street at a newer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After travelling on a motorcycle (trike) for 9 hours, I needed a room for the night. Having stayed in a Comfort Inn in New Mexico, I figured this was a good place to go. When I walked in, I was immediately hit with an overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool. I don't think the pool area is well ventilated. I was able to get a room for the night.

The room was clean. The area near my room was a little noisy at times, but overall quiet. No chlorine smell once I reached the room. However, the air conditioner smells weird. The temp was comfortable, so I just turned the a/c off.

The room was fairly bare. Not much decoration, bare walls, dated lamps. Definitely needs a makeover.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be away from elevators and vending/ice machines.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is nice... large room. Second time we stayed overnight at this location. What we didn't like is the cold water in the "heated indoor pool". The pool is small and it should not cost a lot to heat it a few degrees warmer. Walk to restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First Time at this property , will be back , soon, I have been traveling on the road and have kept with the Confort Inns and Choice hotels for over 12 years, yes i get special treatment, but it pays to be loyal; Anyway when you come to a new property,you are testing the waters. some good some ok some bad.
This was not the to be this night, The Staff was out-standing and worked hard to take care of several customers , came through well;People Travel and on a long day it wears on them or the KIDS.
So a true road man waits for the crew to be taken care of as you do this for a living.

The lady at the desk did take care of all us fast and soon I was on my way, yes I got a upgrade without asking. nice suprise , very nice room. When I went to dinner The staff gave me the rundown of the area, parking ,places to eat and shopping areas. Good Show

Room Tip: My room was looking north, not too sure you need more no road noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have used this location on several trips to Oklahoma City when I needed to spend a couple of nights near the airport. It is not an upscale place but then it does charge the price you pay for upscale. I wouldn't recommend it for an extended family vacation but as I said when I am in town this is where I stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business