“wonderful surprise”

Ranked #116 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Knoxville, Tennessee
“wonderful surprise”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Previous reviews were true to their word. This place is right next to the Interstate and looks kinda of shady on the outside, but onceyou come through the front door everythings changes. This sign out front says Knights Inn, but inside it is more like a Holiday Inn. It is bright, clean and fresh. My room was actually a little larger than the one I had a couple of days earlier at a Hampton Inn. The shuttle service was another added bonus and was normally available with very short wait times if any. There is free parking, complimentary breakfast, each room has a micro/fridge and the staff is among the friendliest people I have encountered in a long time. The seem to go out of their way to accomodate you. Tom, the owner, is often seen in the lobby area and available to chat.
The breakfast includes gravy and biscuits, but no eggs. Personal preference would be to include eggs and get rid of the oatmeal.

I will probably never get back to Oklahoma City again, but if I should I know where I will stay and will certainly recommend to anyone coming this way.

Room Tip: My room was facing the Interstate and I hardly noticed the traffic noise at all, but if you are a li...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank LarryD379

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
uk
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Best hotel for all round good services we have stayed in whilst travelling across america.
Rooms were clean and spacious with branded shampoos and cream, big bed.
Breakfast was good, with cereals, waffles, juice, fruit , toast , cakes etc.
Staff were so helpful, shuttle service was quick to pick us up.....and the driver recommended places to go , see, eat.
Stayed an extra night which again was no problem, staff were so efficient. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancyw1985
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Looked for a place close to the ball park that was pet friendly without having to pay $100 fee for our dog. Found this little jewel. Although not in Brickdown it is litterally a straight shot to the ball park. Nice clean rooms with lots of room to spread out. The Military discount was a bonus!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the high ratings this motel (it is NOT a hotel) receives here--it must be friends of employees. First, the location is terrible--right on the interstate with nothing around it but a truck stop and a Waffle House. Second, it is nowhere near Bricktown! Third, the carpeted hallways are stained and the tile floor in other areas is so sticky my shoes kept sticking to it. Even the chair legs would stick! Fourth, parts of the place smell very rank and moldy (luckily not near our room). Fifth, it's WAY over-priced for what you get. (We stayed at a Hampton Inn the next night for the same price and it was excellent!) Positives? The people are friendly enough and the breakfast is edible, although limited. The one big positive is the free shuttle van that will take you most places, although you may have to wait a while. One more thing (pro or con, it's up to you) and that is that this place allows dogs. There were a number of them there and people were walking them in the courtyard near the pool (and you could hear them barking at times).

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KathiOH
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very run down hotel in a very questionable neighborhood. The staff and shuttle service of the hotel is the best feature of the place. The rooms are not clean, poorly decorated, NOT by Bricktown as the name leads you to believe. Public spaces are not clean and your shoes stick to the floor when you walk across them. Computer/business area is simply a hallway. Very overpriced for the quality...or lack of it. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Diane S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was an awesome place to stay! The rooms are very clean. The hotel is quiet! The free shuttle service and free breakfast is fantastic! The owner and staff and so friendly! They were extremely flexible with my check-in and check-out time. If you are looking for a great affordable place to stay in Oklahoma City, look no further! This it is!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are A+!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I got off I-40 and realized that the hotel I was looking at was ours I seriously thought about finding a different hotel. It needs outside work pretty bad and the area is not the best either. But when u walk in the front it's clean and somewhat updated so I thought ok we will give it a try. The first room we stayed in was HOT with the AC on high. We called the front and a young man said he would check on it. We ended up getting a new room which was much nicer than the first one and very cool. Pool was nice. went to request the shuttle for transportation to bricktown and we has to wait just a few min. Not bad, but when we saw him we didn't know if he came in or we just went outside. No one helped at first but luckily the boss was there and stopped him and helped us. The only think that bothered me about the shuttle was on the way back to the hotel it was really busy and the man that was driving was talking on his cell phone the whole time I just wish he would have had his mind on the road and not the conversation he was having. I noticed when we got back there was a bat so I called front desk and was told that the bartender did not come in but the keys were there and one of the employees could help us. The fill in at the bar was GREAT!! She was funny, personable, we had a really good time. The only other problem I could tell was that I thought even with the 24 hr shuttle. I thought it was a little high. This hotel had been hit by a tornado not 3 weeks before and had some damage done ( which I did not know at time of booking) and it had a musty smell throughout. The breakfast was ok. So to conclude it was just a below average hotel. Would I stay again. Maybe if its cleaned up more and if I plan on drinking and need a shuttle. If u book ask for an updated room because the first one was old

• Stayed June 2013