New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #103 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Bedford, TX
“GREAT stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My husband and I (seniors) wanted to get away for the weekend - we booked the Amtrak and the Bricktown hotel and absolutely enjoyed both experiences! The hotel is not in a good part of town, that much is true - but the availability of the free shuttle was FANTASTIC. We never had to leave the hotel except to get straight into the bus which took us every place we wanted to go within minutes of calling. Took a trip to the Remington Casino and the shuttle was back to pick us up before we left the building!! The drivers were polite, very knowledgeable about the city, and above all - they are ALL employees of the hotel. Each and every person we came in contact with was eager to serve our needs, polite and something you don't ordinarily see at motels - they all genuinely wanted to make sure our stay was good, safe and enjoyable. Its an older hotel and rooms certainly need updating but everything was always clean which is more important to me than fancy decorations. And, I never go to any hotel without my disinfectant spray and wipes, to matter how upgraded they are. The breakfast wasn't anything extraordinary but it was the same as any "continental" breakfast - the area was VERY clean, roomy, always well stocked and best of all, there was an attendant always monitoring the line and making waffles for you and not 5 year olds making a mess like we usually see!!

One disappointment is we didn't get to ride in the Hummer shuttle in the picture but that was OK, too!! We definitely be back again and we will highly recommend this hotel to others! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: ALWAYS try to get an inside room - the outside rooms were too close to the parked cars, and there wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank margi m
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Yes I am proud of having a CLEAN Hotel and also my friendly and courteous staff. As for the location of the hotel there are some soon to be big changes on the horizon. Across the street from my hotel they are building a $180 Million Dollar Native American Museum and the city has plans to spend $3.2 Million on street improvements, sidewalks, landscaping leading along Reno up to my front door. Also, less than one mile down Reno the city is building a $60 Million Dollar man-made white water rafting part and Sandridge Energy is building a youth pavilion and adventure attractions in the Boathouse District on the Oklahoma River. The SandRidge Youth Pavilion is designed to provide adventure activities that include a Sky Trail™ course, a zip line across the Oklahoma River, an outdoor climbing wall and indoor surf park. My plans are for a Knock Out renovation to the Exterior and new furnishings in the rooms. So, on your next visit to the Hotel you might not recognize the place or the immediate surroundings. And I will definitely give you the Hummer Shuttle treatment personally. Thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here during a weekend visit. Location is awful -- right off a busy highway, by the well used train tracks, across from a large truck stop. No charm, ugly mustard colored rooms with no updating, no frills bath, unkept inner courtyard and a bare bones breakfast. Spend the extra bucks to feel safer unless you're arriving after dark & leaving before daybreak.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank CathKorp
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thanks for your review of my Hotel. I do agree with you on the No Frills. My free wi-fi, laundry, breakfast, free shuttle and most friendly staff is all included. However if you need the designer furniture, the Serenity Beds, the 250-thread-count linens and down duvets and pillows, then may I suggest the Skirvin Hilton on your next visit to OKC. Oh and Yes, you will probably pay 3 times more but you will receive the pampering you are probably accustomed to. I am very sorry you did not appreciate the great value my hotel has to offer as do most other guests who can’t afford your higher standards. I continue to look for ways to improve and yet keep my rates affordable for the families and young people visiting our great city. Once again, thank you for your comments.
South Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We have now visited Bricktown Hotel on several occasions. The service has always been friendly, the shuttle is prompt and service oriented. As a family, we have enjoyed the pool. As a group of friends, we have taken full advantage of the Bricktown nightlife without having to drive. As a businessman, I have used the Hotel as an incentive to employees and as a T&E for clients. I have referred many friends who consider this self to be a "Gold Mine".

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, get a room with a walk-out to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CentaurSolution
Tonkawa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Do NOT let outside exterior scare your off!! My daughter and I came to OKC for a mom and daughter celebration day. This hotel is one of the best hotels for the price. We were treated like royalty. The staff and owner went out of their way to make our one day and night one to remember. We arrived and Misty helped us plan our activities, she was great! The free transportation was wonderful and helpful. The driver HL went out of his way to shows us the Christmas lights around Bricktown, he even slowed down to let us enjoy them. HL was a top notch driver!! Even after we checked out of the hotel, the staff drove us to Bricktown so we could enjoy lunch and then picked us up and drove us to the Civic Center so we could enjoy the Nut Cracker!!! WOW!!! How many hotels would do that?!? The transportation was quick and organized. The breakfast was good and the staff made sure you had enough to choose from. I would high recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank D J
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

re. To begin, one would think by the name of this hotel, it would be downtown in the middle of all the action. Um...WRONG! It is situated between two truck stops and a Waffle House, nowhere near Bricktown. The room itself was a dump!!! One of the beds were broken (but, thanks to the wonderful staff, it was replaced promptly). Also, the carpet in our room was nasty and filthy, the curtains were torn and molded, and the lampshade was cracked and torn up. The decor was very outdated, and all of the furniture in the room was dingy and scratched.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for, at least, a three-star experience. This hotel is definitely not a three-star hotel--more like a two-star, probably could even pass for a one-star hotel.
The management is heading in the right direction--they need to get the place updated and cleaned up!!!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Roomservicediva
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
As for the comments regarding dirty rooms that is quite a contrast with most other guest reviews found here. Sorry our hotel did not meet your high quality standard.
Our Free Shuttle Service to the Downtown / Bricktown area, Ou Medical Center, the OKC Zoo and other area attractions is one of our biggest assets. We appreciate any guest comments and welcome suggestions for areas we can improve on. Thanks.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My kids and I stayed here while visiting the OKC zoo and the science museum on fall break. I got a coupon through an Internet advertisement, so I wasn't sure what to expect since it was such a low price. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel!!! Rooms were comfy and clean. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful!! They offer free shuttle service to the surrounding attractions and even drove us to a restaurant for dinner and then picked us up. Their breakfast was also surprisingly nice, with a large selection. "Continental breakfasts" sometimes are a nice way of saying muffins and coffee. My kids loved all of the selections and had full bellies before we ventured out for the day. The only downside I can think of is there is no indoor pool. Everything else was great, and I loved the friendly staff!! Very nice experience!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TGG24
Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I bought a night in this hotel on a groupon deal so i could have somewhere to stay when i went outlet shopping and out to Bricktown. When i got in to town and pulled up to the hotel, i about threw up. The outside of this hotel is DREADFUL and definately got the feeling i was in "the hood". Note to management: REMODEL THE HOTEL! The outside surely scares people away. I would never in a million years drive by the hotel and think it was a safe place to stay. When you walk in though all worries went away, it is a very nice hotel and the free shuttle service was SUCH a perk. I loved not having to worry about driving or paying for a cab. The shuttle picked us up around 9:30pm and took us to bricktown, then picked us up to take back to the hotel around 2:30am. If you are going to bricktown at all this is a great hotel for a good price. The beds were pretty good as well, especially for a hotel. Room was spacious and comfortable. But like i said, the outside seriously needs some work.

Room Tip: Make sure you request the king sized room if you are a couple, they try to give the queen sized for...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eweisz
hotelokc, Owner at Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for your comments. As i have mentioned in a previous response, our future plans for the Hotel include a “knock out” renovation to the exterior so we will look as good on the outside as we do on the inside. Unfortunately, our exterior renovation plans were disrupted by a tornado two years ago throwing our scheduled improvements “out the window” and our continued battle with the insurance giant to try and reach a settlement and get back on track. Our Free Shuttle Service to the Downtown / Bricktown area, Ou Medical Center, the OKC Zoo and other area attractions is one of our biggest assets. And as you observed, our friendly staff, clean rooms and continental breakfast go a long way to making your stay a favorable one. We appreciate any guest comments and welcome suggestions for areas we can improve on. Thanks.