“Super Friendly but Very Dissapointing”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City- Airport
Ranked #130 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Both the gentleman at the front desk and the lady roaming security were very friendly - however - this hotel is a complete rathole. The neighborhood is pretty dangerous, the room was terribly maintained, the lock was finicky, endangering my security all night, the water never got hot, the bed was horrible, and the towels were sandpaper.

The internet here is pre-1995 speed, with a max download of 45kps. I gave the front desk clerk (very nice) my email and a "promise of 10 stars" to avoid paying 3 bucks for a useless service. This alone cost me over 60 dollars in lost time and an extra night in town doing what I had to do that I couldn't do that evening online.

If you're traveling through - head out of town and save money elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JamesPMason
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Oklahoma City- Airport

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Don't ever stay at this place. The rooms were tiny. Had no clock. The telephone only had the number buttons and all the rest of buttons were missing. There were 3 lamps in room. But only had 1 light bulb, missing 2 bulbs. The shower had hair in it. The walls looked like they had never been cleaned. Not satisfied with this hotel. And will never stay there again.!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Where to begin...
We stopped here after a day of driving and even though we typically would never choose a Motel 6, the city was incredibly busy and this hotel was all that was left.
What a mistake we made.
The room was dirty and smelt like mold. The sheets were stained and had holes. The carpet was stained and squishy and there were many, many loiters.
When we pulled in after dinner and entered the room, I immediately broke into tears.

The only redeeming part? The kind woman (who was protected behind a bullet proof glass window) who promptly gave us a refund without making us explain, assuring us she understood without anything else.

As we were leaving, we killed a three-inch beetle than ran across the lobby.

Avoid this property like the plagues that occupy it.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Allisonjoe
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our room smelled horrible and the carpet was wet. People were loitering all over the property and a woman with no pants or panties was dancing in the parking lot, turns out she lives at the motel and security just sent her to her room instead of removing her from the property. Obvious prostitution going on. Noisy and dirty. We requested a refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank MsVeeTN
Reviewed February 27, 2012

the room was small for 2 beds, no coffee in room, motel itself is dirty outside and just needs to be demolished.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank d0ttiemae
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My room here was very very clean and comfortable. It has the upgraded shower and the room overall was spotless and everything worked fine. Many restaurants are nearby and the location is easy to find from I-40. The front desk person took some care in selecting my room for safety and noise issues, which I appreciated. There was some noise during the night that woke me, and I'm usually a sound sleeper. Loud-mufflered cars, sirens, gunshots (?) not sure, may have been a firecracker, but no worries. At any rate, I found this Motel 6 to be entirely adequate for the budget minded traveler.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stopped here in the early afternoon, and they only had one room available because of lack of hot water in many of the rooms which they said would be taken care of at the end of the day. I was given the available room, which was subject to a lot of traffic noise. I inquired about other available rooms and was told the hot water issue was still in effect for most of the rooms. About 5PM I again inquired and was told the issue had been resolved, and they gladly gave me a quieter room. No hassles, no arguments. The staff was extremely friendly, and handled the matter very professionally. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo