“Lunch with Hubby”

Panang Thai Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 1,788 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

On south side of town for the day my mom had recommended. It was so good. Had the Pad Thai chicken- husband had beef. Both were delicious. Appetizer Spring Rolls also excellent. Dinner 9$ spring rolls 7$. Place was very clean Staff was excellent. Great service.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

In town for a few months so a couple coworkers and I checked out Panang Thai. It’s a hidden gem, so delicious! I had the Chicken Pad Thai and I’m not kidding it could serve three people. The service was VERY prompt. I wish they had alcohol to really top this restaurant off, but we probably don’t need it anyway!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Our first time there. Very friendly staff. Arrived at 6:45 PM on a Tuesday evening. The place was busy but not packed. We were seated as soon as we came in.(party of 4) Our wait staff person was extremely friendly. She know the menu very well. Explained several different dishes in detail. Very through taking our order. My wife loves Thai but she does not love HEAT at all. She ordered the Pad Thai noodles with NO heat I had the Four Season Salmon. Large, generous potions, amazing flavors and very fast out of the kitchen. Our waitstaff person checked on us regularly but did not make a nuisance of herself.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

This place has a lot of positives, like a clean dining area, tasty food, and large portions. Overall, it's a very good value.

The evening we visited the restaurant was not busy. Our group of ten adults and children was seated quickly. A few minutes later our drinks arrived and we ordered appetizers...chicken sate and spring rolls. Everyone enjoyed them.

For the main meal I selected one of my favorite Asian dishes: Pad Thai. My wife chose vegetable and chicken stir-fry. Entrees arrived in a reasonable time.

At some restaurants Pad Thai is really spicy. Panang's recipe is pretty tame. That's not to say it was bland. The dish had a lot of flavor...just not a lot of heat. My wife's stir-fry also packed a lot of flavor into a dish that wasn't spicy-hot at all.

The Bottom Line:

The past couple of decades, Asian restaurants have popped up all over central Oklahoma. Panang is one of the best we've tried.

It's strange that we'd not visited earlier (1) because we like Thai food, and (2) it's across the street from the post office we visit almost every day. Now that we've eaten there, we look forward to returning.

If you're looking for good Thai food at a modest price, Panang deserves your consideration.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

I try to eat here as often as possible when on this side of OKC. Their lunch specials are spectacular, and enough for two meals. Everything I have had is delicious. Excellent service-no matter how hot the food, your beverage glass is never empty!