Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds
Ranked #116 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 23, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have mixed reviews about the motel. It was close to my class I was attending. The rooms were horrible. I was not able to connect to the Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Patrick P, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you had mixed feelings about your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately that is not the kind of response that we want to read from our guests but it is sometimes what we get. This just goes to show the areas where we need improvement. Im sorry that the wi-fi was not working for you during your stay. That could of been an issue to where the wi-fi just might have needed to be reset. We also have just put new carpet in our rooms as well as new beds. We have taken out all headboards and replaced them with pictures of route 66 or downtown oklahoma city. We are slowly getting the motel in better condition. But again this is a process that takes time. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope that maybe sometime in the future you might choose to stay with us again and see the improvements that we have made. Our goal is for our guests to arrive and be satisfied and to leave the same way and have no doubt that this is where they would like to stay again when they come back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The only positive thing about my stay here was the staff. the rugs in the room dirty the electical outlets to the tv wouldnt work had to keep plugging the tv in to get it to stay on. the toliet ran had to lift up on the float every time you flushed . . As I was traveling alone the parking lot was dark and I didnt feel safe there at all . kids partying in the upstairs rooms and it looked like they are renting some of the rooms by the week .
I booked ahead wiith no cancelation fee or I would have left . two nights and that was plenty . wont recommend or stay again . The staff was great .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Patrick P, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was while you were a guest at our hotel. Its good to hear that you were satisfied with the staff that I have at the hotel. Customer satisfaction means alot to us. I know there is still work that needs to be done on the property but I can assure you that some changes are in process. The lights in the parking lot have been fixed now and the whole property is lit up at night. We have also changed out beds in the rooms and also have updated some things in the rooms. Thank you for taking some time to let us know how your stay was and we will definately look into the issues that you mentioned and get them fixed. We hope that you would like to come and see us again in the future and see some of the changes that have been made to the property.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was our final night on the road and was the worst stay we had with Super 8. Previously we had been in 4 other Super 8s in 4 different states and this one ranks dead last. Hard to find, hard to get to, dark parking lot that's shared with the Days Inn next door. We were dog tired from 14hrs on the road that day. Opened the door, discovered tears in the carpet, hadn't been dusted in awhile, GFCI outlet was tripped next to the sink. Porcelain tub had been painted and then repainted but was flaking off anyway. Wooden bathroom door was swollen from moisture and wouldn't close. No bathroom fan. Upon using the toilet, colony of cockroaches were living under the tub and would crawl out then back in while in use. Telephone had Days Inn on the top. Had 4 drinking cups to use but only 1 had Super 8 on the side. When using the tub/shower, valves had to be just right to completely shut off the water, shower head leaked behind the shower head, and the drain cover came off when running water down the drain. As a contractor these items disgust me. So much so I offered my services from out of state to come back and fix them. I am yet to hear back from the manager. Super 8 needs to have a "minimum" level of expectations to carry the brand. A hotel chain should not be a hit or miss operation and some consistency should be maintained. Needless to say we did not have b-fast there. Late nite clerk was very pleasant. She asked me about my stay when I checked out, when I hesitated, she told me to be honest, so I was but tried to be diplomatic about it as I know it's not her fault.

Room Tip: don't use room 428(on the first floor)