“Terribly unclean”

Ranked #113 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
BROKEN BOW
“Terribly unclean”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had to pay at an outside window next to the highway, and couldn't understand what the woman was even saying. Parking was extremely tight and we were woken up all night by screaming in the parking lot. The sheets had stains and the bath tub had bugs in it. Not to mention the beds were here inches off the floor and the pillows were no more than half an inch thick. The main thing this place needs is some attention and elbow grease.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8fairgrounds, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this and let is know how your stay was while you were a guest at our hotel. We like to hear feedback from our guest wheather it be negative or positive. It shows us the areas where we need improvement at our hotel. I do want to apologize for the window that you have to check in through between the hours of 11pm and 6am. But we do that for the safety of our desk clerk. Not saying that the area is bad or not safe but it does help our clerks at night feel more secure. We have been putting in alot of work to get the hotel in good condition. We have a new housekeeping staff that has been working very hard to make sure the rooms are in satisfactory condition when you check in. I do apologize for the stay that you had last time you was here and would like to see you give us another chance. We have since painted all rooms as well and would love for you to see the changes we have made with our super 8 location. We look forward to seeing you sometime in the near future if you so choose.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We did not read the reviews of this place before we booked.We stayed one night 28th September 2012 - bad mistake. The first room we got the keys for had the most overpowering smell of urine. I returned to reception and requested another room. This appeared ok however I moved the small bedside table to plug in the charger and the dust and grime was inches thick. The sheets had dubious looking marks on them too. We do not criticise anywhere unnecessarily but this place wants serious cleaning done.
Sleep was next to impossible as the room at one side seemed to behaving some sort of party. People were outside most of the night shouting talking and throwing beer bottles about. One car had its windscreen put through and one girl appeared to have a lot of visitors to greet upand down the stairs all night.
In our rush to vacate ASAP I left my I pad charger in the room. I called the motel and was told I would have to call back later. I was unable to do this so emailed them . After 3 emailsI got a reply saying merely "wrong email address" I emailed back and said that was the email on my bill still o reply so Iguess housekeeping must have wanted to keep it. Very poor all round and I could not recommend in any way !!! AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!! If I could have given no stars that was what it would get.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
super8fairgrounds, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am sorry to read that your stay at our hotel was the least bit accomodating but, I do want to say thank you for taking the time to let us know exactly how your stay turned out to be. It helps us get a look at what really needs some improvement at our hotel. We recently have went in and all rooms have been painted and the carpets have been shampooed. We also have taken on some new housecleaning ladies that seem to be doing an excellent job at making sure the rooms are in satisfactory condition and ready for the next customer to rent. We have also been keeping a close watch to the customers and the people they have come visit. If we see someone that doesnt belong here we make them leave. If a room has too much traffic we will not let them stay. We have been working really hard to get the place cleaned up. I am sorry that your stay turned out so bad. That was deffinately not our intentions. Customer Satisfaction means alot and we are working really hard to make sure our customers leave here satisfied, I hope you would consider coming back and taking a look at the things we have done to clean the motel up. We look forward to seeing you again.
Borger, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you like being kept up all night and and being surrounded by drug dealers and hookers, this is your motel. dirty rooms, systemized horn honking with loud yelling until the sun comes up, I highly don't recommend!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
super8fairgrounds, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to say thank you for being so honest and letting us know how your stay was while you were a guest at our hotel. I read and take into consideration all the things that the guests say and write in their reviews. This is how we know how our guests feel and what they see while they are residing at our hotel. Since your last stay here we have made alot of improvements at our location. We do not allow hoolers to be here and if we suspect that they are they will be asked to leave our location. We also have been keeping a close eye for drug activity. If we see too much traffic or we suspect that there is drug activity going on then they will be asked to leave our location as well. So far we seemed to have cleaned up the area pretty good. After hours we also monitor the parking lots to make sure that noone is out there wondering around thats not supposed to be. I apologize for all the activity that was going on during your last stay. We value you as a guest at our motel and would hope that you would be willing to give us another try.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friends and I were in town for pride 2012. So the location was excellent for that purpose. As far as otherwise, it is a questionable area but it worked. Room was clean and good sized. Comfy bed. Light in the bathroom didn't work so you had to leave the door open, and the a/c didn't work so we pretty much burned up the entire time we were at the room. The motel six 2 doors down looked much nicer. The price was very reasonable if you can get past the bad aspects.

• Stayed May 2012
super8fairgrounds, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how accomodating we were for you while you stayed at our hotel. You let us know the negative and the positive. Of course we love to hear the positive about our place and not so much the negative. But the negative is the ones we put our main focus on because those are the areas that need the improvement to make our guests happy and satisfied when they leave here. I see that there were only a few minor issues for you while you were a guest here. We have been checking the rooms periodically to look for lights that are burnt out or missing or the housekeepers notify us when they see it needs replaced. We also have been checking to see that all appliances work that are in the room as well as the TV having a working remote control that is programmed already to that TV. Our goal is for you to leave our hotel satisfied and wanting to come back again. I encourage you if you are passing through to stop and see the changes that have been made. We have recently painted all of the rooms on the inside and shampooed all the carpets in the rooms. We look forward to seeing you as a guest again.
Loon Op Zand, Netherlands
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is not the place to stay for a romantic getaway but OK for just an overnight stay like we needed while cruising Route 66. Guess the USD 50 rate was fairly reasonable for Oklahoma City. The motel is located on the original route 66 - which is a multi lane highway now so not much vintage here but a typical business are with car dealerships and the usual fast food chains. Continental breakfast was limited to some cereals, coffee and juice. I could imagine some people would consider the area less safe, but still acceptable for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
South Coffeyville, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed at! It was filthy! The tub was black and still had hair in it, and the coffee pot was the same color as the tub. We got in late, so I was too tired to go somewhere else. We called to ask for more towels in our room, and he said that he would try to get ahold of the housekeeping, and he would call me back. Needless to say, we never got a call and never saw another towel. The towels in the room were stained black, the bedding was dirty and had cigarette holes in it, the floor had obviously not been vaccumed in quite awhile. We got up and were out of the room so early because it was so disgusting, we just decided to go sit in a restaurant. Do not stay here, you may have "something" gross greet you when you open the door!

Room Tip: Have a backup plan if you decide to book a room here!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have nothing good to say about this place at all. The room was very run down, ugly and dirty. Unfortunately we got in very late and were too tired to check the rooms before paying. We pretty much dropped our stuff, brushed our teeth and went to bed. Stains on the walls, cigarette holes in the blankets, dingy mattress, dirty carpet, the shower curtain looks like it was used as a painters drop cloth, I could go on. And here's the icing on the cake: at 8:30 AM, while still in bed (we didn't get to sleep until 4 AM) I hear a knock on the door immediately followed by the door opening! It was housekeeping. If it wasn't for the chain I had put on the door she would have walked in on us sleeping! Later, at 10:50 AM, another housekeeping lady used her key to open the door without even bothering to knock! Unbelievable. Bottom line: DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before paying.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business