Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Ranked #49 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed one night as we were just passing through. The rooms were clean and the free breakfast was great! The guy at the front desk was a little odd but other than that we had a pleasant experience and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Bacarnine, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our wonderful amenities and Be Our Guest Breakfast at the Country Inn & Suites Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the WCWS the past week and stayed in a suite.

The positives :: Living area was a great size and liked there were 2 nice sized tvs -- one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. The other plus was the beds which were super comfy. They were the best part of the room! And our maid did an amazing job every day cleaning our room. Breakfast was good with a variety each day for hot food.

The negatives :: Room was mediocre. Nothing too special. The way the room is situated is really awkward coming in from the door way. The couch being right next to the hallway -- which makes it extremely hard to get luggage through. Shower head was really small not providing an extreme amount of pressure (after being at the ball field.. a shower is what you really need!). Another huge issue was the noise. We could hear every thing the room next to us was doing... and everything that was going on outside of the room. Also could hear the elevators very frequently.

BIGGEST ISSUE :: Hotel staff is less than helpful. This is what left a bad taste in our mouths. While staying -- there was a tornado threat extremely close to our hotel. The best place to stay was the breakfast room... which is right next to the automatic doors (not safe at all) and the hotel front desk manager/staff came in less than expected to look at the TV to see what was going on (shouldn't they be the ones telling us whats going on since we are all out of town?!) Just seemed like there was no sense of urgency. Also needed help with the internet in the business center.... front staff gave us a few options then told us "well let me know if it doesn't work I need to get back to the front" there was no one at the front desk. Also asked if we could check out early since the games got over with and see if we could get reimbursed. Manager was pretty rude... could have simply told us no. Lastly alarms kept going off in the room... randomly and pretty frequent. We called the front desk as was told they were testing the alarms (might have been nice to know?) and if it didn't shut off IN AN HOUR to let them know. An hour?! that's just ridiculous.

Don't think we will be coming back here next year for the wcws. Sad to see this was rated higher on tripadvisor -- if it wasn't for the staff it would have been rated higher.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevators...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff, and noise in the room . We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice renovations. The beds are comfortable. I like that the window opens in the room. There are lots of TV channels! The only complaint is the lighting in the room and the low water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
On the behalf of our whole team thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City. We are looking into the lighting and water pressure issues as we speak. We look forward to your next stay.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we have stayed at this location several times - the staff has always been very friendly. the place is always clean. the free continental breakfast is OK, nothing great but its decent considering there is no restaurant on site. they recently upgraded the tvs to widescreen/HD. the only real complaint is that the TV service is NOT HD service so the picture is pretty distorted - but we don't spend that much time in the room watching tv so no big deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
On the behalf of our whole team thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City. We are looking into the HD issue as all of our TV's are programmed to receive over 60 HD channels. We look forward to your next stay.

New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel some years ago, it was a bit dated at that time. It's in a great location for business people, pleasure travelers, seniors or families. The renovation since I was there last is simply beautiful. My room (803) felt very very upscale and the beds are very comfortable a la a Marriott-type bed. Room had a fridge (quite large)
and a small microwave. Good size room, big enough they could have and should have
a small round or square table to eat on and 2 chairs. There was an awkward lonely chair in a corner which would be a great place to put such an additional chair & table. Of course there is a work desk for business travelers. They have only one computer & printer in their 'office space' by the front desk but that was fine for me to print my boarding passes to fly home. I will definitely stay here again as it is close to my friends and family in OKC> The free breakfast was good both of the mornings I ate there: first morning they had scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns; the 2nd morning french toast, sausage. Of course they always have waffles to make, juices, cereals, sweet rolls. Very nice friendly & accommodating staff.

Room Tip: High floor looking out towards Founders tower; although pretty much any direction you are going to h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Jansjourneys, Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Country Inn & Suites Northwest Oklahoma City. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with our extensive renovations. We look forward to your next stay.

PHILLIPSBURG
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter and 1 year old grandson for 3 nights. Our room was nice and clean and had plenty of room for the baby's pack n play. Breakfast area was nice and clean and had something for everyone. My Grandson really enjoyed the cereals and oatmeal. He had yogurt one morning and the juice was good. I found milk in the fridge for him and was all set. He enjoyed bath time, even though the tub was ready for renovation ( there was a large stain on the bottom) The staff was kind and the workout room, although small, had all the equipment you would need for a full body workout. It was in an area close the mall and many restaurants so we were very happy with out stay. They were re-doing the lobby area fire place when we were there but it seems the renovations they are completing will not interfere with guest experience and that was a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us here in Oklahoma City. We look forward to your next stay.
Omaha
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Recently we traveled to OK City to watch our son play baseball at the local college. We chose to stay with the entire team and parents at the CIS. Although the clerk at front desk was pleasant when we checked~in, we had an issue with noise...we could hear the couple's baby down the hall crying the whole time we were in our room. I have 5 children, so I was sympathetic to them! But still thought it was the noises hotel I'd been in and believe me, having 2 son's that played baseball as youths and in college I have stayed in lots and lots of hotels! I was very disappointed with the room as the bed area was nice and bed was comfortable, the bathroom looked a bit dirty and like they had just painted it an there was dust, paint particles, spackle chips all over the floor. I wiped it up thinking hey I am a mom I can handle wiping this up...no problem! Hey I am the person who cleans before i check out and throw all the towels in the tub and empty trashes. I was very disappointed in the morning when I got up and went to take a shower and the water was COLD!!! Cold water at a hotel, I had never ever had this happen~ so I called the front desk and the same polite clerk that checked us in, said he was sending the maintenance man...EXCUSE ME! I think at 45yrs old I know what hot and cold water feels like. The man came to the room and put his hand under the water N told me it was hot, he even argued with me and said " I don't know what you want, don't yell at me, I don't understand you women" I was appalled! I simply wanted to shower and go to my son's game. I spoke to the manager on duty and he informed me that there was a baseball team and they used up all the hot water, which may have been true but most of them showered the night before after playing 2 games that day. He said there was nothing he could do that the boiler was as high as they could have it and hung up on me! I thought to my self " I should have went with my original plan " THE HAMPTON INN" across the street! I thought it was rude and unprofessional for him to send a man whom could not speak English to argue with paying guest! I have to say I have stayed at super8's all the way to The Hilton Gardens and I have never ever had to take a cold shower or had to deal with such [--], as we did staying at this COUNTRY INN SUITES, because my family has stayed at other Country Inn's :(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Kate H, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to apologize for the poor behavior of our staff during your stay. Also we have made maintenance aware of the trouble with the hot water and we will make sure it is corrected properly. The Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.