“Okay stay hotel needs updating”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Ranked #48 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was an average stay. The room was clean but older and getting to the point of needing renovation. The bathroom especially needed updating with pealing paint and an older shower. Check in was quick but the first room I was given was already occupied. The desk person quickly fixed the problem and appologized. The breakfast was standard and decent. I would stay here in a pinch but probably would stay elsewhere for the long term.

• Stayed: January 2013
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Nickel1612, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We would like to apologize for your troubles during your stay at our hotel. We are currently undergoing renovations such as new furniture, 40 inch flat screen TV’s with over 60 HD channels, and a complete guest bathroom remodeling which should be completed at the end of February. We hope that if your travels do bring you into Oklahoma City again, you do give us another chance and we are sure you will be thrilled with our new look.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was met by a very nice gentleman at the front desk. Checked into the room very quickly. It was a 2 room suite with a good sized living area, comfortable couch and chair, and a desk, which I worked at. The bed was extremely comfortable, and both TVs worked great. The bathroom was also very clean and stocked well. I would highly recommend staying here, and I travel to OKC 2-3 times a year and will be staying in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is a great value and location. Competent, friendly staff including front desk, maintenance and housekeeping. Very safe, comfortable and clean! Leaving the housekeeper, Marleny, a tip. Breakfast is great. The room has everything I need including reliable, controlled air conditioning. I would stay here again and recommend it. No complaints!

Room Tip: My room isn't facing the NW Expressway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is poorly constructed. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and the elevators make so much noise, that you can hear them running from any of the suites in the hotel (and this is what the front desk manager told us when we asked to be moved to a quieter room). We used ear plugs the second night and it diminished some of the noise, but we could still hear the elevators. It is really a shame because the accommodations themselves are really good. Clean rooms, good hot breakfast, workout room, etc, but when you can't sleep, this makes for a horrible experience and not worth a penny! Management was completely unresponsive, but to their credit, what can they do to correct the problem? We asked to be moved to an affiliated hotel and they offered to cancel our reservation and we could make alternate arrangements on our own. They were not interested in trying to remedy any of the issues or alleviate any of our hardship. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I travel several times a year and find myself in various types of hotels/motels all over the country. This is the first time I have ever taken the time to write a review. In the past, I have checked reviews for some hotels before booking. After this experience, I vow to check all hotels prior to making a reservation and I hope me taking the time to write this review will help others to avoid the same experience I had at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Of the 3 trips I have had to OKC in the last year I was hesitant to stay there again as the last two were horrible. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The staff was friendly and fast. We stayed on the 9th floor which had a nice view of surrounding area. Beds were comfortable and had nice linens and heavy blankets. Bathroom was clean as was the rest of the room. The TV was small but other than that the only complaint was the sound from the elevator going up and down, not a loud sound just couldn't figure it out till the next morning. I am a light sleeper but I still slept fine. Free Breakfast was nice and normal items for this type of hotel. Checkout was a simple and fast. Overall really enjoyed the stay. The only complaint was the room had a fragrant smell. Not sure if the air handler system has it in it or it was just cleaning supplies. Regardless it only was noticeable for a few minutes then all was fine. Would have no issue staying here again.

Room Tip: As for room away from elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for the second time dropping our son off a Oklahoma City Univ. Online special for $52/night for two double suite with sofabed made this a great value. Older hotel but rooms have been updated. Breakfast was fine, front desk person helpful and friendly at checkout. When you are there for a quick visit, can't ask for more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

For the price, this really is a good hotel. As others have said, the breakfast wasn't healthy enough for me, but I don't ever expect much out of complimentary breakfasts. The location was great being just minutes from everything. I traveled with my wife and 4 year old son and it met everyone's expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012