“Business Travelers Avoid”

Ranked #135 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Business Travelers Avoid”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one night so I could attend a training class. Checking in was a process, the lady behind the counter spent more time arguing with the small child that was back there with her than trying to help me get checked in. The upper floors are not handicap accessible. Once I got to my room, as soon as I opened the door the smell of smoke was overpowering, even though it was supposed to be a no smoking room. When I asked, there were no other room openings that I could have moved to.

The bed was comfortable, the pillows were small and not quite enough so I had to use my duffle bag as another pillow. The bathroom was clean, so that was good and the A/C worked.

I did though stop at the waffle house across the street and enjoyed a good meal.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, bring ear plugs due to the large truck traffic and some room deodorizer.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank misterzanborski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It's a rough motel in a transient but quiet area about 2 miles from Brick Town. Formerly a Quality Inn, but converted in 2013 to a Motel 6. Room has old furnishings, but new mattresses/box springs which very comfortable. Very clean linens with quilted blanket and duvet. New/clean towels. According to Motel 6 this location is scheduled for a refresh in 2014. Wouldn't have been my first or second choice for a room, but it was a hot shower and a clean bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The pictures of this hotel were all misleading. The only thing real was the color of the bedspreads. The entrance shown is no longer open. The door jamb on our room had been broken at one time and the repair was less than adequate. Our friends room stunk! Our room had a frige but no microwave or coffee pot as depicted in the photos. I realize there are some nice Motel 6's, but it will Holiday Inn Express for us from now on!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TwoBecomeOne
Liberty, TN, USA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It actually turned into a Motel 6 while I was there. General overview & lobby nice enough, but everything else seriously degraded, albeit clean enough. Door lock didn't work right, bathroom tile breaking up, paint smears from poor repaint work, the litany could go on and on. Overall, perhaps the worst motel I've ever stayed in. "Quality", indeed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. It is situated next to a motorway. The room smelt of cigarettes and there was a hole in the sheet. Decor was very outdated, but bathroom was clean. Dont stay there if you can help it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The title says it all. As a single woman traveling alone, I did not leave my room even though I needed something from my car. After I called the front desk the third time, she said the security guard said the guys were OK and I would be safe to go to my car because the hotel had security cameras! About 30 minutes later, I heard the security guard walk by and ask the guys how it was going. The guard didn't say anything about maybe it might be time to go home. Finally, one of the construction guys said "I guess we can't stand here all night drinking beer." I've canceled my reservation here tomorrow night. The noise from I-40 is really to loud to sleep in the room anyway.

Room Tip: If you do happen to want to stay in this place, get a room on the north side away from I40.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed July 5, 2013

GOOD: Our room was clean and comfortable. At $79 for two queens, it was modestly priced for OK City. Breakfast room was neat and staffed by friendly, helpful people. The food was about standard, mostly continental but with a hot dish added. Not a bad way to begin the day.

BAD: Forget the name: this motel is not in Bricktown. It is well to the east, beyond I-35, which makes it pretty far from the restaurants and nightlife on Bricktown's west side. You can take a cab for $7-8 one way, or drive there and pay to park. The motel's restaurant and bar are closed, the single computer in the "business center" in the open lobby was out of order when we were there, and the iron in our room had brown gunk on it that came off on the fabric when we started to press a shirt, not having noticed the problem. We also had difficulty with the desk clerk when we requested a new, clearly labelled non-smoking room when the first room had no sign on it and smelled like cigarette smoke. The clerk said the sign didn't matter because her computer showed it as non-smoking. Maybe so, but without the sign, someone clearly felt it was OK to light up, because the place smelled. The new room we eventually got was fine. But it should have been changed right away.

UGLY: Motel front looks OK but the back tells another story, one of seediness and neglect. There apparently once was a swimming pool, hot tub, lounging area and probably landscaping in this courtyard, surrounded on three sides by rooms linked by a balcony. The pool currently is covered over, with rain water collecting on the plastic, and the whole area looks abandoned. Adding to the general atmosphere of seediness, the balconies need paint. Our room faced this area, so we couldn't avoid seeing it, and it gave the whole place a depressing aspect. Not what we had in mind, coming to a Quality Inn.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want a modestly priced, clean and comfortable room with a decent breakfast thrown in, don't mind driving or taking a taxi to Bricktown, and can avert your eyes from the ugly areas, this could be OK. It has some good points, including some very nice people working there who try hard, and so I gave it a satisfactory rating even though some things clearly were sub-standard and not worthy of the name "Quality Inn." Needs major updating and truth-in-advertising when it comes to the name and location, but at least the rooms themselves are being kept up, and the staff by and large are pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolDM1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Ramada Oklahoma City Near Bricktown
Ramada Oklahoma City Near Brickt...
#116 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Lincoln Inn Hotel & Suites
Lincoln Inn Hotel & Suites
#101 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#48 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Days Inn Oklahoma City South
Days Inn Oklahoma City South
#109 of 150 in Oklahoma City
WoodSpring Suites Oklahoma City Tinker AFB
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Down...
#31 of 150 in Oklahoma City

Been to Motel 6 Bricktown? Share your experiences!