“Right cost, spacious rooms and pet friendly.”

Studio 6 Oklahoma City
Ranked #122 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
South Korea
“Right cost, spacious rooms and pet friendly.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Making a cross-country trip from LA to Georgia, I booked this hotel knowing our dog and wife would need a place to stay in Oklahoma City. During the trip we have been staying at Motel Six properties since they are low-cost, pet friendly and usually right off the interstates.

We arrived at the Studio 6 and arrived earlier an hour than planned. The famous “Aayesha” from all the Trip Advisor posts greeted us with a smile and gave us a 1st floor room. The rooms are spacious and come with fridge, stove, microwave, free “fast too” Wi-Fi and a large king bed. The location is right off the I-35 and like other posts an easy drive to downtown to see the Memorial.

We only planned to stay one night but due to the bad winter ICE storm “Gemini” we had to stay another night in which the staff was happy to assist with us. Since the hotel has laundry facilities we did some laundry while waiting out the storm

The hotel is dated and during the night I heard water pouring from our bathroom, when I went in there it was coming down hard flooding our bathroom. I thought this was from the storm, but come to find out the people above us left their bathtub overflow. How that can happen I will never know!

The ice machine is located on the 2nd floor and when using the stairs I noticed the very dirty and over worn carpet. Also in our bathroom there were no light fixtures covering our lights, which could lead to a dangerous condition. (See photos)

Please don’t let my post dissuade you from staying here and there is plenty of space to park and the rooms have everything you need. All the hotel needs is a little updating and it would be a 3 star from its 2 star rating that I would give.

Finally, we took the advice from a previous post and had lunch at Mama Lou’s, which has good food at a decent price.

Pros: price is right, spacious rooms and a pet friendly hotel
Cons: Needs some updating

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms, stay away from this area. Ugh!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wichita, KS
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Aayesha at the front desk was wonderful, made us feel so welcomed. Made sure our room was close to our friends. Hotel was nice, I believed we would have a kitchen, just had a microwave and small fridge that really did not get too cold. Bathroom floor was not clean, but the rest of the room was as promised and advertised. Lots of room, just not anything fancy. Bathroom was the only concern, no counter, bare minimum sink, toilet and older jetted tub that did not "jet". Coffee in the room, but that was the only amenity. Pool was nice, but had closed sign on the door. Hotel allowed pets, no complaints there. Room was quiet so you weren't aware that they were there. Might return to this hotel, but would know better what to ask for when booking. There is a Super 8 across the parking lot that looked very nice and busy, might compare rates. Be sure to have a meal at Momma Lou's down the access road a bit.. Excellent food, great value. Will review it next.

Room Tip: No highway traffic heard, ask for a nice room without repairs needed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor, but my husband and I were on an extremely tight budget and this was one of the few hotels that fell within our price range.

When we entered the lobby it was obvious that this is not a new property. There are various small cosmetic defects throughout the hotel, but that does not detract from the great location and amazing price. I was shocked when we got to our room and saw how much space we had! We had a mini kitchen (with a full-sized fridge!), cabinet space, a burner or two for cooking (we didn't need it, but what a nice surprise!) and even a little two person table to sit and eat at. If we had needed one there was even ample space for a rollaway bed. Best of all, my husband was able to take advantage of our bathtubs jacuzzi jets!!

The minor defects were things like paint missing from the wall near the baseboard, the cigarette burn in our sheets on one side of the bed and the stained curtains (they appeared to be water stained, maybe from being directly over the A/C unit?). Even with all these minor things though it was obvious that the hotel is CLEAN. There was a lovely fresh scent all throughout the building.

One last thing, when you look at this hotel on a map it looks like it's super far away from anything interesting to do in town. I am happy to tell you that it took us less than 10 minutes to get from this hotel to our plans downtown.

All in all, if you're not looking for a 4-star resort, just a functional hotel at a good price with a few extra amenities, I HIGHLY recommend this Studio 6 location.

Room Tip: Stay in room 229!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoLongerNomadic
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Aayesha went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as home for our entire family we had 2 rooms very clean and cozy .Thank you Aayesha. our children had a great time at the indoor pool and your recommendations for tourist attractions were great. We will be back. These rooms were clean upon arrival and cleaned everytime we would return from site seeing.

• Stayed July 2013
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Front desk was very helpful and very very friendly. Aayesha was so nice!!
The lobby is very inviting and has a homey feel to it. The rooms were a nice size and clean. But there was a weird odor in my room. It was nice to have a larger than mini fridge in the room. The kitchen was great to have cooking things available.

Room Tip: Aayesha was so sweet to give me a room away from the elevator and the ice machine!! Thanks so much...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
USA
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Front desk service was friendly and professional; the price was right! Room was clean but well-worn, ugly, and a little icky feeling. No frills whatsoever--no bedside lamps, for example. The AC unit was very loud and just barely effective.

Overall good value but I wouldn't go again.

• Stayed August 2013
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Aayesha is a very professional, helpful, clerk at the studio 6 hotel. we stayed in room 215 between 7/14 & 7/20. Aayesha was always pleasant, and had a smile on her face. When I asked her for an extra towel, I got it with no problems. Aayshea, is a very good clerk and beccuse of her, we will be staying again at the end of the month. Aayesha made us feel at home and welcome. We came in from Texas and there is no doubt we will stay there again real soon! A pleasant experience........Thank You Aayesha and Studio 6 Motel :)

Room Tip: No tips, it was a great stay!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Studio 6 Oklahoma City - Airport
Studio 6 Oklahoma City - Airport
#95 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway
Extended Stay America - Oklahoma...
#73 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Baymont Inn & Suites Moore

Been to Studio 6 Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!