“enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #121 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Conway, Arkansas, United States
“enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and i stayed at studio 6 for an extended amount of time, due to his work. We were treated very well. We had maid service everyday, the staff are very respectful and nice to us. The room was a good size room, with a full size frig. and kitchenette. I actually feel really comfortsble here, quiet at night,unlike some of the motel we have seen..I have even became friends with the manager,Aayesha. I would recommend anyone who has extended stay here in OKC to stay at studio 6.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Beverly A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am in to OKC on business from out of town, decided to stay here due to having the built in kitchen and fridge which can save you a lot of money if you are extended stay like me and don't want to eat out every night. Close to airport/shopping/food. Friendly staff, accommodating and helpful. Nice size room and comfortable for long stays. Ive been here for 3 months and will be for about 2 more months happily

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank steven s
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stated here for two nights while filming Hiking With Randy web series in Oklahoma.
Studio 6 is part of the Motel 6 network of motels.

My first impression in the lounge was a little weary, mainly because there were some interesting individuals checking in. This Studio 6 is part of the Motel 6 chain created for extended stays, v.s. a night or two.

The front desk staff was average but friendly, and main entrance is plain, there are two floors accessed via an elevator near the main entrance. The hallways have cameras in them, are very plain looking and are average in appearing mostly clean.

Where this motel scored high points with me were the actual rooms. The rooms are long and roomy with a built in kitchen that includes a full sized refrigerator, dual ring stove top and microwave, small dining area with table and chairs, dishes, coffee maker, etc.

My room had two comfortable queen size beds, television and adequate WIFI internet access (Internet was included in the cost). The room also has a desk and comfortable desk chair.

Important to me was that over all the room was quiet and the air conditioning worked well.

I've stayed in numerous motels in Oklahoma City and Edmond, Oklahoma both higher end and low end, and this room was most to my liking so far.

The daily rate was $55.00 during the summer over then weekend which is the average rate across the US for a weekend stay in a Motel 6,

The view outside is pretty bland, merely looking at the parking lot, an empty field next to it, and another motel on the other side of the empty field. You access this motel via a small road which connects to the one way street by the highway/freeway. Its about 25 minutes from Brick town and downtown Oklahoma City.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EarPollution
Wyoming
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Management changed their mind about comping us a free second night here after the A/C quit about midnight during a heatwave, resulting in a sleepless night, and both public hairs and urine stains on and in the toilet. She first said no problem with the comp, so I left my wife and four-year-old son there for the day while I worked in town. I got a call after lunch from a panicked wife saying management was threatening to throw them both onto the street if they didn't pay. Change of heart?

Two hours later (my commute distance from that M6) I arrived to find police there at my room, and a frantic wife and son. Management flat-out denied their accepted offer to comp the second night. We wound up losing $100 in food we bought for that week, that we could not take with us in the car. I also lost $200 in wages for not being at work that afternoon.

Called the franchise office, since this was not a corporate owned location, and a call to client relations was of no value. Speedily received $500 and an apology from their office in TX, but not a word from that location's management. We now consider the matter closed, although our review will stand as warning to any travelers expecting common sense and integrity from hotel management. Do not expect them here.

Room Tip: Splurge and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aisha H, Manager at Studio 6 Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Studio 6 - Oklahoma City, OK #5036. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Studio 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Aisha hussain
Wyoming
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I arrived in OKC late in the evening and planned to stay here just one night and then find other accomodations. Because of all of the events in town, however, I ended up staying here my entire stay in OKC because there were no other rooms available (NBA Western Conference Finals, Womens College Softball Championships, international horse shows, etc were in town).

First off, this hotel is in what I'd call OKC's "Red Light" district. There are a 1/2 dozen or so strip clubs within a mile or so of the hotel. That alone should tell you about the neighborhood. Lest you are still wondering what the area is like, a trip to the closest grocery store will have you wondering what you've gotten yourself into. No fewer that 3 heavily armed guards/officers patrol the premises of local grocery store (Buy for Less or something like that....) 24/7. With this said, if you get back to your room before dark and lock yourself in, you should be OK. I experienced no problems while staying here for a total of 10 nights. Word of advice though...find a nicer area of the city to shop and eat.

Room condition varies A LOT. If you are just staying a couple nights, they will put you up in one of the "nicer" rooms because you will be paying the highest rates. If you are staying by the week, you will fall to the middle of the pack as far as room condition. If you have a pet (which I do not but knew someone also staying at the hotel that did), you can expect a pretty nasty room- urine and poops stains on the floor, holes in walls, dirty/shredded carpet, fleas, etc. The room I had the 1st night (nightly rate) was in better condition than the one I had the rest of my stay.

My biggest complaint is the wash rags and bathroom towels. I don't think they have a single one that is clean. I had to pick through the four or five they gave me each day to find one that wan't stained, dirty, etc. Most had blood stains, stains that looked like poop, grease stains, mud stains, etc.....especially the wash rags. Most days I had to just settle for one that looked at least semi-clean. DISGUSTING!!!! Ask for new ones and the new ones were often worse than the ones they replaced.

The bed was OK but the AC unit thumped loudly everytime it cycled on and off...which was often. The staff seemed nice enough. Entire property is getting dated and there were many signs of repairs that were done, well, lets just say not very well.

Would I stay here again? NO, but if you can get one of the better rooms it may work for a single guy for a night or two. I would NEVER bring my family here, though, and it's not a place for a single woman and/or children to stay either.

Room Tip: Pay the full, nightly rate to get the best rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J W W
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The service is rude, and hardly speak English(Pakistani family manages the hotel and they suck).Upon my arrival after my 24hour drive the front desk girl claimed we did not have a reservation due to them not having a clear copy of the credit card, that was due to their own cheep computer and lack of skills. Eventually we got into the room that was not all to impressive or clean
THE ROOM. I found an old pair of underwear in the room, as the room service was not very good when ever they did come to clean. I had to clean my room myself. Also watch out if you have sensitive skin as the blanket where cheep and irritated my skin to the point i had to go out and bring in my own linens and pillows. As the pillows are cheep and I got three for a king size bed that would require six. As the towels smelled of strongly of bleach, as non matched at all.
THE POOL is pathetic. its indoor in a scary room. As the depth goes only to three feet deep. So unless your a midget good luck.As no good chairs are around. And there is no spa or hot tub. They lie in the advertisement.
MOLD PROBLEMS-I got sick with allergy with the thick mold problems.
ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS AND SMELLS on the first floor are smoking rooms as the reek odor of cigarettes greets you in the lobby and all the first floor. Even the tenants are questionable I was asked for drugs on a walk down the hall. Then during my three week stay the electricity gave out in my room and took hours to turn it on. It would have been quicker if more employs spoke English.Then once I did get help I was blamed for their obvious bad electrical system. Right I was just doing homework with my laptop.
BILLING PROBLEMS Every week I was charged for things i never ordered. Their are next to no people staying here and its obvious that they need money. Sending a money order to the hotel, I never received it or any mail I had sent here. Plus during my final week I stated I never wanted an entire week but only four more days. The owner still charged my card. Luckily I simply refused to sign it. So after an hour his competent son came and refunded the money and charged me appropriately
This is the worst hotel. The staff is rude. The room is awful. I felt like I was a criminal the entire time I stayed here.Just trust me, what ever you do don't come here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Since the review was posted the hotel has completed a full renovation of all of the guestrooms and public areas. The staff and management are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and delivering a great overall hotel experience. We look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Oklahoma City area
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2009

The area is a little seedy. A car is a must if you want to go anywhere. Property needs a thorough re-do. The outside looks like it's sorta falling apart in places. You see some of that inside as well. The staff were nice, but they don't have a lot to work with. I noticed that the business cards of the manager had the manager's name whited out. Not likely to get the needed refresh because of all the new hotels that have opened in the Moore - Oklahoma City corridor. Room was clean, but it's smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night for no reason.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Studio 6 Oklahoma City - Airport
Studio 6 Oklahoma City - Airport
#95 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway
Extended Stay America - Oklahoma...
#72 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Baymont Inn & Suites Moore

Been to Studio 6 Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!