“Good Food”

Billy Sims BBQ
Ranked #421 of 1,681 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had dinner with business assoc the ribs were good the service was great and the price was reasonable the eve clerk told me this is one of the best places to eat in this area and again i was impressed

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My first visit to OKC in about 20 years, first time eating here.
I arrived about 730pm on a Monday, so I missed any lines.
I ordered the 3-meat BBQ (pulled pork, polish sausage & bologna) combo, with corn on the cob & potato salad as sides.

The pulled pork was tender and tasty, the bologna was an experiment for me and was unremarkable - it tasted like, well, bologna. Even BBQ sauce can't do much for bologna! The polish sausage also tasted like bologna.
The corn was overlooked and mushy without much taste, but the potato salad was great - a mustard base, fresh and tasty.

I will probably return to try the ribs, and I can recommend the pork & potato salad. Sauce was good, and on the table.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Dinner was $14.10 with tax (water for drink).

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The barbecue I had here was even drier than my sense of humor, which is quite dry indeed. A massive amount of barbecue sauce was required in order to choke it down. Nice, friendly service though.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stopped at Billy Sims while driving through OK. It's less than 2 miles south of I-40 on Meridian, just west of I-40/I-44 interchng. Staff friendly. Kids had great grilled cheese and ribs. Ribs have LOTS of falling off the bone meat with a dry not-too spicy, not-too sweet rub. Tables have 2 wet sauces: hot and sweet&mild. Both sauces are excellent. "Okie" toast was eh but each plate comes with a pickle. Got two sides: potato salad and coleslaw. Coleslaw was the best side - great flavor! The "All you can eat" ribs special was only $11.99!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

OU sports pics and a BBQ! Billy Simms family recipes are outstanding! BBQ sandwiches and baked beans-what's not to like!