“Good for families”

Billy Sims BBQ
Ranked #258 of 1,733 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stopped at Billy Sims while driving through OK. It's less than 2 miles south of I-40 on Meridian, just west of I-40/I-44 interchng. Staff friendly. Kids had great grilled cheese and ribs. Ribs have LOTS of falling off the bone meat with a dry not-too spicy, not-too sweet rub. Tables have 2 wet sauces: hot and sweet&mild. Both sauces are excellent. "Okie" toast was eh but each plate comes with a pickle. Got two sides: potato salad and coleslaw. Coleslaw was the best side - great flavor! The "All you can eat" ribs special was only $11.99!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

OU sports pics and a BBQ! Billy Simms family recipes are outstanding! BBQ sandwiches and baked beans-what's not to like!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The ribs were very good and very tender. My wife ordered the sliced brisket and found it a little more tough than what was expected. We'd go back for the ribs, for sure.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

First, I'm not writing after one bad experience. I eat here at least once a week and ALWAYS have the same experience. Here's what to expect. There's usually a short line of people waiting to order. When it comes your turn, the guy with the hairnet kinda growls at you. Don't bother trying to befriend him with small talk. He wants you outta the way so he can get on with his work. He's the guy who cuts your meat & starts the process. He WEIGHS everything. If you like watching someone in a hairnet and gloves pull food away from the scale until you have the exact number of allotted ounces, then you'll really enjoy this. I understand the need for portion control, but this guy takes it to a whole new level. Next another hairnet growls at you about what sides you want. Then you get to pay. If you're planning on taking it home, don't even bother asking for extra sauce. Maybe I'm a freak, but I like bar-b-que with my sauce. I'm a regular customer, so you'd think they'd cut me some slack. No way. The rules say maximum of 2 tiny spoonsful of sauce per order and, by GOD, that's all you're gonna get. True story: a sympathetic teenager running the register tried sneaking me some extra sauce (for my to-go order), and got griped out by the hairnet manager! When I pled my case, I got one extra sauce and that was the limit. Note: if you eat in the restaurant, there're bottles of sauce at the tables, so it isn't a problem. You may be wondering why I keep going back. The food is that good. Why did Seinfeld keep going back to the Soup Nazi? The food was good. It isn't the best bar-b-que I've ever had, but it is the best near my house.

2  Thank pro47
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Visited after the game. Great food. And it wasn't crowed at all for a Saturday night. Good for us, but hope they are doing good business. This northern girl enjoys some good BBQ~