“Everything is bigger in the South”

Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq
Ranked #80 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The room was huuge. Again it annoyed me that they did not have the same hoover with hose attahcments they had in NYC. I stayed in two Holiday Inns, but I can say which I felt was cleaner.

The size of the room was somethingI could only dream about in NYC!

Although I arrived early and my room was not ready, they were kind enough to stow my luggage while I went out to get a burger. OKC is really hot and they were nice enough to let my have my burger and fries in the main lobby, despite the smell of my tasty meal.

Kudos for them having mouthwash, airline restrictions being what they are. They were very sweet in giving me a few bottles of water, as well as having the morning papers at 5am.

The lack of a room safe was a bit of a pain.

I am glad they held take out menus at the reception.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Shuban B

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is nice for business travelers. I find the location is good and it convenient to many amenities. I like the fact the rooms are large and have a fridge and microwave.

I noted a couple of minor things - my room was not cleaned to my satisfaction one day but the rest of the stay was fine.

I will be staying here the next time I am in OKC.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Justin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear AZIce Bear,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, your room didn't get cleaned to your liking one day. We our working with our Housekeepers to ensure quality cleaning goes into every room, every day. We appreciate you choosing our property and look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Took my daughter up for a last trip before school started, and "upgraded" to the king executive suite. when we went to check in, it was 230 and they had an inspector staying there and she still hadn't checked out, so we were told we couldn't check in until 330. The shower was tiny, both bathroom doors had to be slammed to get them to shut, they were not level or something. the room itself was nice, although i wasn't a fan of not having a thermostat to regulate the temperature. it had two window units, so we were constantly having to manually adjust warmer or cooler. i wouldn't recommend spending the extra money, i didn't see where the executive came in to play.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Justin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Heath B,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay, we appreciate all feedback. You mentioned you experienced a challenge during check in as the room was not yet ready at 2:30pm. As you know our check in time starts at 3pm however we did have some late check outs as you mentioned so we apologize that you had to wait but we thank you for your patience with us. The Executive King Suite you stayed in is our biggest room in the hotel as it is double the size of a regular King so it does require 2 AC units to keep the room at comfortable temperatures. We will have maintenance check on the door situation you mentioned so thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope that you will choose our property again on your next trip to town!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here for a company trip as it's close to the office. Pretty good place. Room was clean. AC worked fine. Bed was a little on the hard side for my tastes. The gym treadmills were broken the first night but were repaired and functioning the second night. Breakfast was the typical that you'd find. Would stay here again on the next business trip. There's plenty of places to eat within a 5 min drive.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Andy R,

Thank you for taking time to comment concerning your recent visit with us. We have recently upgraded our mattresses with additional pillow tops for added comfort, so we hope you will find them softer next time. We appreciate you choosing our facility and look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Let's begging with the good stuff first. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The staff is friendly, courteous, and professional. Now let's talk about some small details that need attention. For example I wanted to take a shower after a long day of travel and could not find a bar of soap. My wife called the front desk and was informed that they had run out of soap. Really??? Another small detail, but annoying none the less is the fact that the "fitness" room is not fit at all. There are three pieces of equipment, two of them are "out of service".

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear 482850,

Thank you for taking time to review our property considering your recent stay with us. We appreciate all comments and strive to make each individual stay a successful one. However, you noted some challenges during this stay including not having in-room bar soap. Unfortunately, we were waiting on our shipment to come in, however, all rooms do have bath gel in them per our standards. Our fitness center has sufficient equipment in the room due to the size of that room and our property. Regrettably though, the treadmills were undergoing maintenance during your stay but they are now working properly again. We can, of course, recommend gym's in the area if you would like next time. Once again, thank you for your time and comments and we hope to see you again in your future travels.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed with a block of rooms for a softball team, and all of our odd-numbered rooms on the back of the property had a terrible smell of sewage as the day got hot (there is a commercial creek with stagnating sewage behind the property). We had to leave the property after one day because of this.

Otherwise, rooms are well appointed and breakfast is very nice, but it is all totally ruined by the room smell.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Justin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear EricMCarson,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, you experienced an odor due to the city drainage as you stated. We apologize for the inconvenience you had as this is not normal for our property. Otherwise, we're glad you had a good stay with us and hope that you will return and not let this one-time-challenge deter you. Thank you!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Don't even think about this one. I'll start with the good stuff. The staff (African-American man at front desk with dreadlocks); he's very nice. Breakfast is fine (usual stuff at the HIE's); but the hotel is falling apart, dirty and quite simply patched together and patched together badly; but the ultimate....was the cockroach I found among my books and I had not placed the books on the floor.

Not this one!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Justin E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Hi TexasFolks56260,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You indicated that you experienced some challenges and your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Justin Epperson