“Recommended stop-over” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Huntsville, Alabama
“Recommended stop-over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We travel to California every year, and for the past 8+ years we stopped at the Red Roof Inn. It is close to restaurants and shopping with easy exit and return to the I-40. Congenial, helpful and friendly staff are a joy to deal with after 10 hours on the road.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your return trip! By next year we should have our remodel done so we'll be in even better shape. Thank you again for your time, have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Oklahoma City, OK several times over the last two years. The hotel and staff continue to get better each time I check in. The rooms are clean and orderly. The staff has always had my check in paper work and key ready no matter what time I arrive. The staff is friendly and eager to insure I have a great stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Mr. Nichols, you are always welcome back to our hotel. Thank you so much for being a wonderful guest and a pleasure to talk to. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you when you return in July!
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We are always looking for a good deal and we found it at this hotel. We have been to this property a couple of times and it's always clean. The staff is always pleasant and the price is always great. Just thought you should know if you're in the area this will probably be the best deal you'll find.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0503, Owner at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us a good review, we hope your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last!
Gage, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Four stars and a giant thumbs up..A++++++ My husband and I always stay at the red roof we have never had a bad experience at this paticualr motel. We made reservations by calling 1800 red roof and check in was a breeze. The rooms were clean(as always) and all of the staff were exceptionaly freindly. i would recomend this motel to anyone traveling in the okc area. Thank you for taking such pride in what you do. GREAT ROOMS GREAT PRICE GREAT PEOPLE GREAT LOCATION!!!!! thank you DeLyn Colby

• Stayed May 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are still making more and more improvements every day and we have a remodel on our to do list. We hope to see you back soon, let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you!
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Please do yourself a facor and skip this hotel. All the other red roof inns I have stayed at were highly satsfactory, but this one was anything but pleasant...

I made my reservation on the red roof inn website AFTER calling the property to confirm their pet policy/rates. When I arrived at the hotel the lady at the front desk wanted me to sign my reservation card which happened to be $20 more expensive than the special I had booked online. When I patiently brought this to her attention she refused to accept the fact that I had gotten a rate that low. This did not ruffle me though, for I had brought with me a copy of my reservation print-out with the confirmation number. I was taken aback when the lady would not look at my sheet but just kept telling me that I was wrong and asking me WHO I talked to at the hotel that said it was ok for me to get that rate. I was stunned and it took me about 5 minutes to get her to actually look at my paper and know that I was not fudging the numbers, but she STILL refused to give me that room for that rate. Exhausted from a long day of travel I was not about to give in to a rate hike so I calmly but firmly insisted that if we did not get this rate we would go elsewhere. She finally asked me if I NEEDED a king bed and I said that it really didn't matter so long as it was non-smoking and for the proper rate. She accepted this and we moved on. I could not BELIEVE the teeth I had to pull for something so simple!

The room was no better, but I was in no mood to judge as it was late, we had the kids and dog with us and we just needed sleep. The room did not seem very clean, but we mainly could ignore that. What I could NOT ignore was the sudden smell of cig. smoke that night before going to bed. We later discovered it was coming through the bathroom fan every time we turned it on, ugh! It was too late though and we were not about to go back to the front desk and ask for another room.

Good thing? eating at Shorty's restaurant across the parking lot!

• Liked — close to the freeway
  • Disliked — horrible service and smoke in nonsmoking room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank tuliptree
i0503, manager at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide honest feed back. I certainly do apologize for the negative experience, however I am pleased to say that we have had an ownership change and many improvements have been made to the property including improvements in the ventalation system. If you are back in the area I ask that you give us another chance to meet your expectations.
danman72901
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

Hardest bed I ever slept on next to the Motel 6 in Tulsa!
Grundgy place

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
i0503, Manager at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
I wish I knew what room your visit was in, I would have that matress removed immediately! As I posted on the other review we have had an ownership change since your stay and I am confident you will find a big difference from then to now. Please stop by if you are ever in the area.