Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds
Ranked #63 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Atlanta, Ga
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Very clean older motel. Excellent value for the price. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Cleaning staff was great. Only complaint was that they did not offer in room coffee. Denny's Restaraunt next door. Close to airport

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

It took me no less then 45 to 60 min to check in. I had to cancel the previous nights reservation due to the bad weather. So I arrivved without a reservation. I asked the clerk for the same rate as the previous night, and was told I had to book online or to call their 800#.
They had a special promotion they had emailed me about and this had to be booked online.
I tried to log on to their internet, was having trouble. I asked the clerk which one was theirs, she could not tell me. I finally got one to work. Then the reservation system online was telling me to call in to book. So I did; the first time the lady (Cheryl) gave me the wrong rate. I went to the desk, the gm was there, introduced herself and said she may be able to help.
During the confusion, I checked out the Super8 next door, only to see the same name as manager on duty as the gm at the Red Roof Inn. They offered me a similiar rate to the non-discounted rate at Red Roof.
I went back to the car, called in again, got another lady and she gave me the correct promotion,
got the correct rate and checked in. I asked the girl, please cancel the other reservation so I am not double charged.
It turns out, according to Guest Relations, that she cancelled the same one twice instead of the correct one. (The one I had already cancelled from the storm...)
So I was reviewing my bank statement the next couple days, I was charged for 2 rooms in one not, one was a "No Show".
Even after all this, their was a guy lurking in the stairways, telling people he was stuck there until Thursday and that he did not have a car. He banged on my door once around midnight after I was asleep. I did call the front desk, they could not find him according to the security guy the next morning.
It took two phone calls to get the refund back, even after the customer satisfaction survey, which the GM had responded to me by email; she knew I was overcharged and did not take the initative to correct it on her own.
I will not stay here again to say the least.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else besides the Red Roof or Super 8 if you want peace and a quick check-in.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flagone
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Fairly standard Red Roof, just off the interstate and next to a Dennys. Good quality room, clean, Free Wifi, I had a good nights sleep; what more could you want?
No sign of bugs, no urine stench, no idea what other reviewers are talking about.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ET8
Volo, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I are driving from San Diego to Chicago making several stops along the way. This Red Roof was the best stay so far. Sandra at the check-in desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and I especially liked the separate area with a table and 2 chairs along with a computer table. I also appreciated the 2 recliners that came with the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ken B
i0503, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
We are very glad we could be of service to you. If you are ever back in the area we would love to have you back
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stopped here last night during a cross country trip with a pet. Room immediately reeked of urine, #119. We arrived at 3 am after driving for 14 hours, and desperately needing to just sleep. Sheets were dirty, had animal hair and long woman's curly hair on them, in addition to dirt paw prints. Told staff in morning about it, and that we didn't let them know right away due to the fact that we were falling asleep even during check-in. The woman at the desk questioned my statement, and had someone go check the room to see if the sheets were still tucked in. Never offered a discount, refund, nothing.

Today, after being on the road for an hour, I realized I had bug bites all over my body, and my darling husband mentioned he killed two cockroaches as we were packing this morning. Staff didn't care, and calls to guest relations have to wait until after the holiday when the call center is back open.

Bottom line? You're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0503, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
We do not have a room 119 at the hotel. I don't have a problem with bugs. we are a nice clean hotel.
eugene or
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

The room was wonderful – clean, already had the AC on and the bed turned down. Room was large and light. Not a view - looks out on the parking lot. But is a good location. Right next to Shorty Small's – nice restaurant with outstanding servers. The motel also had coupons for Short Small's which saved us $10. Red Roof was a very welcome change after several bad motels on our trip across country – Red Roof Inn is definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank eugencandles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was the first time I have ever walked into a hotel room and it smelled like I was in a flower garden. The room was very clean and kept well. All of the staff I encountered were always extremely nice and very professional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends